'''Eddie Beames Jr'''
The hero of the story. He was just a delivery boy finishing up his shift on a cold November night when green meteors began falling from the sky and the dead started coming back to life. Now he's in a constant fight for his life along with the other few people still among the living...
'''Tropes that apply to Eddie'''
* ActionSurvivor: He was a delivery boy before the zombies showed up.
* TookALevelInBadass: Compare him from chapter 1 to him in the most recent chapter.
'''Jaqueline Bannister (Foxy)'''
Foxy was just another girl at St. Ingrids reformatory for girls, that is, until she met Eddie Beames running for his life from the undead. Not long after, she and Eddie were the the only ones to walk away from the reformatory alive.
'''Tropes that apply to Foxy'''
* ActionGirl: Less then a minute after first appearing she proves that she is VERY capable of taking care of herself.
* KatanasAreJustBetter: She manages to find one in a martial arts school and uses it to [[spoiler:kill Gary.]]
''' Ben Cruikshank'''
One of the only two surviving members of the Cruikshank family, Ben joined up with Eddie and Foxy after helping them escape from his house during a late night zombie attack. He may not be the smartest member of their little group, but he is by far the strongest.
'''Tropes that apply to Ben'''
* CompanionCube: Umberto, his stuffed bunny.
* GentleGiant: He would never hurt anything living, good thing the zombies don't count as living...
After [[spoiler:losing his wife due to the zombies attack on the local hospital]] Will meets up with Foxy and later Eddie and Ben when he and Foxy get separated. Definitely not the bravest person of the group, but still good enough to keep around.
'''Tropes that apply to Will'''
* AdultFear: [[spoiler: He helplessly watched his wife die a slow and painful death while there was nothing he could do to save her.]]
* DirtyCoward: [[spoiler:In one of the bad choices he abandons Eddie and Ben in the middle of the night and takes Eddies revolvers, leaving them to die during a surprise zombie attack.]]
'''The Truck Driver'''
A man who meets an unfortunate end after crashing his truck. He is one of the first zombies to appear.
'''Tropes that apply to The Truck Driver'''
* KillItWithFire: [[spoiler: Averted. It burns him quite badly, but doesn't really do anything except slow him down a bit, if even that.]]
A cop who shows up in chapter 1 to investigate the truck accident.
'''Tropes that apply to Officer Graham'''
* [[spoiler:CruelAndUnusualDeath]]: Yikes.
A punk kid who learns the hard way that Foxy is not to be messed with. A bad choice in chapter 2 reveals that [[spoiler:he became a zombie not long after leaving Eddie and Foxy.]]
'''Tropes that apply to Antoine'''
* WhiteGangBangers: Or so he tries.
A cruel old woman who [[spoiler:murders several teenage girls just to keep her gambling addition secret.]]
'''Tropes that apply to Ms. Dorrance'''
* [[spoiler:KarmicDeath:]] She [[spoiler:killed several young girls... and several (zombiefied) young girls kill her.]]