- From Shuusou Gyoku:
- While the stage 2 theme, "Illusory Imperial Capital" is somewhat weak compared to ZUN's usual fare, Shiina Fuuki on Nico Video made this breathtaking remix of it.
- Gates has "Heavenly Army", which also got a good Trance remix when he appeared in Samidare's Extra Stage.
- The stage 4 theme, Illusionary Sputnik Night, is decent, but ZUN's remix of it, from the CD included with the Grimoire of Marisa, is incredible.
- Marie's theme Mechanical Circus ~ Reverie" is a rather elegantly melancholy piece, albeit repetitive. ZUN's arrangement for Dolls in Pseudo Paradise develops it into an amazing piece.
- There's Erich's theme, "Magical Girl's Crusade", which is just plain awesome. ZUN remixed this one for Ghostly Field Club, and it's amazing. dBu's remix adds a delicious touch of pipe organs.
- All three of (Boss) Vivit's themes, which includes:
- The ending theme, "Herselves", is quite possibly the most beautiful ending theme ZUN ever composed. The group Seventh Heaven MAXION managed to create a just as epic vocal remix of the track.
- The first game's extra stage features a guest appearance by the two main characters of Touhou. Marisa, as the first boss, is fought with "Witches' Ball ~ Magus" running in the background. It was remixed for IaMP, and got made all the more awesome by dBu.
- Reimu, as the second boss, goes all out to the tune of "Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Ancients" which got reworked by ZUN for Dolls in Pseudo Paradise as "Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Red & White" and got featured as a jazz mix in Hisoutensoku.
- On top of that IOSYS discovered that it made an awesome festival dance tune.
- From Kioh Gyoku:
- "Velvet Maiden Battle ~ Velvet Battle", VIVIT's theme in Kioh Gyoku, is nothing to scoff at.
- Castle Explorer -in the Sky- [sic], Gates' theme. Despite ZUN's claims in the comments that "It sounds so girlish it's almost scary", it sounds like Gates during peace time. Surprisingly enough, the MIDI version sounds even better depending on what software you're playing it through (Nico link).
- Muse's theme, "Enigmatic Doll ~ God Knows". ZUN remixed it for Dolls in Pseudo Paradise as well.
- Yuuka Kazami makes a cameo, resulting in her getting a new theme, "Lovely Mound of Cherry Blossoms ~ Flower of Japan". The remastered version is just as beautiful. ZUN himself remixed this in Dolls in Pseudo Paradise.
Awesome Music / Seihou
As Touhou's sister series, Seihou features some nice music, some of which is composed by ZUN during Touhou's hiatus: