Awesome Music: Seihou
As Touhou's sister series, Seihou features some nice music, some of which is composed by ZUN during Touhou's hiatus:
- There's Erich's theme from Shuusou Gyoku, "Magical Girl's Crusade", which is just plain awesome.
- All three of (Boss) Vivit's themes, which includes:
- "Dream Machine ~ Innocent Power".
- "Illusory Science ~ Doll's Phantom" (which was remixed by ZUN as "Phantasm Machine ~ Phantom Factory".)
- "Girl's Divinity ~ Pandora's Box". Remaster here.
- And of course "Velvet Maiden Battle ~ Velvet Battle", VIVIT's theme in Kioh Gyoku, is nothing to scoff at either.
- The ending theme from Shuusou Gyoku, "Herselves", is quite possibly the most beautiful ending theme ZUN ever composed.
- Shuusou Gyoku's stage 4 theme, Illusionary Sputnik Night, is decent, but ZUN's remix of it, from the CD included with the Grimoire of Marisa, is incredible.
- Muse's theme from Kioh Gyoku, "Enigmatic Doll ~ God Knows". ZUN remixed it for Dolls in Pseudo Paradise as well.
- The first game's extra stage features a guest appearance by the two main characters. Marisa, as the first boss, is fought with "Witches' Ball ~ Magus" running in the background. It was remixed for IaMP, and got made all the more awesome by dBu.
- Reimu, as the second boss, goes all out to the tune of "Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Ancients" which got reworked by ZUN for Dolls in Pseudo Paradise as "Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Red & White" and got featured as a jazz mix in Hisoutensoku.
- On top of that IOSYS discovered that it made an awesome festival dance tune.
- Yuuka Kazami also made an appearance in one of the games, resulting in her getting a new theme, "Lovely Mound of Cherry Blossoms ~ Flower of Japan". The remastered version is just as beautiful. He ended up remixing this in his album Dolls in Pseudo Paradise.