The Sega Superstars
series was known for taking a wide variety of songs directly from the many series it represented. This of course means that songs appearing in the Awesome Music pages for Sonic the Hedgehog
, Jet Set Radio
, and other Sega series will end up here as well. However, starting with Racing Transformed
the game started making its own remixes of the songs and they certainly stand out on their own.
- The combined remixes of "That's Enough" and "Everybody Jump Around" that plays in Graffiti City.
- Vyse's Theme, mixed with the Facility/Dungeon/Military theme in Rogue's Landing.
- The music for Adder's Lair is just epic.
- The music for Graveyard Gig, combining Theme Of The Magician and the 2nd stage theme from the first House of the Dead in an upbeat, techno package.
- They are Burning Rangers, go!
- Dream Valley has remixes of Paternal Horn with NiGHTS and Reala.
- The music for Seasonal Shrines.
- Joe Musashi's All Star Theme.
- Temple Trouble has remixes of the Jungle themes from the first Super Monkey Ball and Banana Blitz for the boat and car sections respectively. Looks like they didn't forget about the pre Banana Blitz games after all!
- This Sky Sanctuary Zone remix just takes you Back in Time.
- There is also OutRun Bay's theme, which is a dubstep remix of Splash Wave.
- The Space Harrier remix used for Race of Ages. A fitting piece for the track that's a celebration of Sega.
- The "You Can Do Anything"/"Super Sonic Racing" mashup used for the Ocean View track. It's an energetic piece that'll get you pumped to race, which is fitting for the first track of the game.
- While the music on DS is in large part inferior to other console versions, one track manages to stand out: Final Fortress.
- The All Star Power themes, while short, are usually good. Special mention goes to Metal Sonic's, since it comes from Sonic 4 Episode 2, often criticized for poor instrumentation, but is given a complete overhaul in this game.