Almost every single song featured in CLANNAD
will either make you go "d'aww"
or start sniffling
. Or both
- Clannad's Opening is amazing, both in the original and in the official Cuckool Mix.
- While the opening is incredibly beautiful, the ending, "Dango Daikazoku", counts as a Heartwarming Moment, given how... adorable it is. It even spawned a meme in which the dango family in the animation were replaced with Pikachu. See it here.
- The song is basically symbolic of Tomoya's feelings about Nagisa over the entire series. In the first season, it's adorable and twee. In the second half of the second series, it is heartrendingly sad (especially when Tomoya sings it to Ushio). And at the end, it comes back, with the whole family singing it together, as...
- "Chiisana Tenohira". Seriously, just... listen to it. So beautiful...
- ~After Story~'s OP song, "Toki wo Kizamu Uta", counts as a Heartwarming Moment. Directly translated, it means "The Song of Ticking Time," which, put in context, is perfectly symbolic of Tomoya's love for Nagisa.
- The lyrics are absolutely heartrending when placed in context with the series:
"I loved you, and you alone. That song I sang with you, and you alone. That time ticked for us, and us together. And now you want me to go on alone? No! I won't!"
- "Nagisa's Theme". Dango Daikazoku without its vocals but it has a beauty of its own.
- The epic Tear Jerker, "The Place Where Wishes Come True".
- "To the Same Heights".
- "Distant Years". Cue rivers of tears.
- The ending for every arc in the CLANNAD visual novel, "Kage Futatsu".
- Ushio's Theme, "Shining in the Sky".
- "Ten Thousand Miracles". Just listen to it.
- "Memories of a Distant Journey". Simply amazing.
- "The Girl's Fantasy". Ambient, breathtaking, enchanting, and downright hypnotic.
- "Over". Melancholy, yet upbeat. Heartbreaking. Played in Episode 18 when Clannad employed the Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends mechanism.
- The Gaiden Game, Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ also has an excellent soundtrack. The opening song, "Light colors", and the ending, "Life is Like a Melody", in particular, are just amazing.
- "Nagisa Warm Theme Piano" is possibly one of the most heartwarming themes on Clannad. When Tomoya finally meets Nagisa and decides that meeting her was the best thing that could have happened in his life this music is the best. It depicts quite well the love of Tomoya toward Nagisa.
- "Nagisa ~ Saka no Shita Wakare" ("Nagisa ~ Parting at the Bottom of the Hill"). At first it's played over Nagisa's death and Tomoya's subsequent vision where he left Nagisa rather than lead her to the moment where she met an untimely death, making it a Tear Jerker moment to start. It then becomes Awesome Music when it's repeated after Tomoya's second chance and realization that meeting Nagisa was the best thing that happened to him. The music starts as Nagisa survives Ushio's childbirth, leading directly into "Chiisana Tenohira" above to highlight a wonderful ending.
- "Town, Flow of Time, People" plays whenever something sudden or amazing is happening; which means it plays at many of the greatest moments. A worthy song for it, too. Sometimes specifically starts at around 1:45 to maximize the music's impact.
- "Roaring Tides", a theme which, like "Town, Flow of Time, People", plays during some of the important scenes.
- "A New Life Reborn" plays only twice in the series, but is honestly one of the most effective pieces due to the placement.
- "Komorebi (Sunlight Shining Through the Trees)": heartbreakingly beautiful.
- "Fuko's Theme" - impossible to listen to without smiling!
- "Ana", used to great effect during Kyou and Tomoyo's endings in the novel, and at several points in the anime.