- David Bowie's ridiculous cameo to judge the dance-off: even the film takes a moment to pause and recognise how awesome it is with a subtitle and a riff from "Let's Dance."
"I believe I might be of service"
- Everyone in the film is staring in awe when Bowie appears, as is the audience most likely.
- It got even better when this clip was used to represent Bowie in the 2016 Academy Awards' "In Memoriam" segment, over any of his more prestigious acting roles. Given Bowie's cheeky sense of humor about himself, he'd probably have approved.
- It's so awesome that even Mugatu, who had just a moment before been criticizing Derek for having only one look, is absolutely stunned by how beautiful it is. His father, who earlier in the movie wanted nothing to do with Derek, is so amazed that he loudly announces that Derek is his son to the other patrons of the bar he's in.
- Hansel's breakdance-fight with the DJ. And subsequently saving the Malaysian Prime Minister's life!
- Meta example, Derek and Hansel (Stiller and Wilson) walking down the runway at the Valentino fashion show during the 2015 Paris Fashion Week as a way to announce Zoolander 2.