- "God? What the shit are you talking about?!"
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others
Mugatu: Do not be distracted by the beautiful celebrities...
(cardboard cutouts of Lance Bass, Lil Kim, Fred Durst, and....Garry Shandling pop up)
- Comes back again during the actual assassination attempt, with all of the aforementioned celebrities sitting front row. Even Shandling.
- Derek's and Hansel's epic staredown, trash talking and subsequent "walk-off."
- And shortly beforehand, there's the arrival of David Bowie, for which the film stops to introduce him while "Let's Dance" plays.
- The unveiling of Mugatu's model for the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good.
Derek: What is this? (smashes model on the floor) A center for ants?!
Mugatu: .....Derek, it's just a mo-
Derek: I don't want to hear your excuses!!! The center has to be at least... (stares blankly) ...three times bigger than this!
Mugatu (wanting to move on): He's absolutely right! *shrug*
- Matilda admits to Derek and Hansel that she was a bulimic teenager.
Derek: .....you can read minds?
- Maury Squicking Mugatu out with his prostate troubles.
- Derek's left walk is so beautiful that everybody is stunned, his father instantly takes pride in him despite hating everything he represented up until then, and a shuriken stops in midair.
- "A eugoogoolizer. You know, one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly was?!"
- "But why male models?"
- The "Unfortunate gasoline fight incident."
- During his Villainous Breakdown, Mugutu points out an elephant in the fashion industry's room:
"Who cares about Derek Zoolander anyway? The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigre? They're the same face!
Doesn't anybody else notice
this?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
! I invented the Piano Key Necktie! I invented
it! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, DEREK?! NOTHING! YOU'VE GOT NOTHING!! NOTHING!!!
- What's more hilarious is that Mugatu's own reaction to Magnum completely defies his screeching, barely seconds later.
- Spoofing the world of the Conspiracy Theory, by offering the alternate history of male models as assassins:
- John Wilkes Booth: the first actor-slash-model! (He even gives the camera a Face while shooting Lincoln)
- Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't a model, "but those two pretty boys on the Grassy Knoll sure as shit were!"
- Derek, Hansel, and Matilda decide to have a threesome. Then they are joined by a dude who tattooed his entire head, a midget, a Tibetan monk, and as mentioned by Derek in the following scene, two Finnish dwarves and a Maori tribesman.
- Derek's attempt to work the coal mines with his family back home. "Attempt" being the operative word here - he poses and struts through his shift and generally looks completely out of place.
Derek: *Coughs once* I think I caught the black lung, pop.
Larry: Christ, Derek, you've been down there a day! Talk to me in thirty years!
- The Running Gag of Hansel failing to pronounce Malaysia correctly, with each attempt more pathetic than the last.
- The computer scene.
- This part:
- Hansel smashing the computer that holds evidence they need.
Hansel: Where'd all the files go?
- Maury calls his wife to bring the zip drive he's stored all the evidence against Mugatu on...and then everyone has to sit through their argument as she was about to put dinner on and doesn't want to deal with the traffic.