Awesome: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- John and Kate arrive at Crystal Peak and attempt to get the main door open, when suddenly the T-X crashes a helicopter into the hangar door of the facility and steps out to pursue them. Not long after, the T-850 plows into the hangar in a goddamn Sea King helicopter twice the size of the T-X's heli, causing explosions and flames and crushing the T-X underneath. He then steps out of the wreckage, and proclaims "I'm back!" Damn near worth the ticket price alone.
- There's also the scene in the graveyard where The T-850 pulls up in a hearse and shoots the T-X point blank with an RPG.
- The car chase scene certainly deserves a mention, even though it is quite stupid in some ways. (Note to director Jonathan Mostow: cars aren't electrical; they're mechanical. You cannot make them press the gas pedal remotely.)
- What, T-850's Heroic Sacrifice combined with his one liner (which is a callback to the first movie) to take down T-X doesn't qualify?
- Building on that, there's a subtle nod (subtle, in this case, mainly because of the action surrounding it) at just how awesome the Terminator's raw power has become. One arm is holding a frantic half of a far more advanced killing machine, and the other is holding up a hydraulic door big enough to make the press that did in the first Terminator look like a nutcracker.
- Also, there's just something so awesome about how, unlike the first movie, an actual Terminator is saying it.
- The Terminator calling John's bluff when he threatens to kill himself:
"Based on your pupil dilation, skin temperature, and motor functions, I calculate an 83% probability that you will not pull the trigger."
- Also in the graveyard scene, the Terminator sick of John whining and moaning while under the influence of SWAT Teargas. He grabs John by the throat strangling him repeating the lines John said to him prompting John to say the following line of Dialogue:
Terminator: You're right, you aren't the one I want. I'm just wasting time.John: Fuck you, you fucking MACHINE!!!!
- Though it later turns out that Terminator was using Reverse Psychology on Connor.
- Kate, who has been alternating between The Chick and The Load for the whole movie, has her own when she grabs an AK and unleashes hell on a drone that is attacking her and John.
John: You remind me of my mother.
- The Twist Ending, and John finally accepting his destiny as leader of the human resistance.
SAC Nellis: Connor? What the hell is happening? Who's in charge there?John: I am.