- The Bus jumping the gap in the freeway, physically impossible yes, but still awesome.
- The section when the Bus enters the city streets and Annie must dodge every conceivable obstacle in that area as cop cars and motorcycles race to the bus in full lights and siren to provide an escort while the film's score hits its highest, most frantic, tempo. Physically possible and even more awesome for that believability.
- After he discovers the money is tainted by the paint bomb. Payne ascends to the top of the train car in a fit of rage and fights Jack. During the fight, Jack notices another tunnel light heading their way, Jack pushes up Payne's head, resulting in Payne's beheading.
"Yeah? Well, I'm taller."
- And pretty much every time Jack (and Annie) keep everyone alive after one nerve-wracking scenario after another. Roger Ebert noted this as a Bruised Forearm Movie, as in your girlfriend grabbing your forearm at virtually every intense moment.
- There is also the fact that is one blockbuster Hollywood action feature movie where the police are most definitely not useless, but are for the most part big league hard driving action heroes to a man.