Awesome: Speed Racer
- Speed's defeat of the villain in "Man Behind The Mask". He and Dr. Fantasti take down the guards in the lab where they're being forced to work with the backblast of a rocket engine. Then Speed grabs one of the guards' machine guns, and with Fantasti in tow proceeds to shoot his way to the villain's missile base so that Fantasti can use the villain's own missiles to blow the place up.
- Pretty much the entire final race is one big one for Speed, especially the last lap after he restarts the car with pure determination and hot bloodedness. He then flies down the track at speeds approaching a low-flying jet fighter, moving from last to first in the course of one lap, and actually manages to throw his final opponents into the walls so they crash into each other just short of the finish line. By the end of it, his car is smoking, the paint is peeled off the sides, and the TIRES ARE MELTED FROM THE WHEELS.
- It's not just Speed's driving, but how everyone reacts to it, the crowd and press go wild, Royalton has his Villainous Breakdown, and all of it capped off with the one lady reporter absolutely losing her shit and reduced to screaming in incoherent excitement.
- For the movie in general, the best scene in cinema history is possibly gangster viking car racers shooting beehives at each other.
- No, this◊ is the best scene in cinema history.
- And he knows it, judging by that smile on his face.
- Pops shows off his wrestling skills to some ninjas, then says a cool Bond One-Liner.
Pops: Terrible what passes for a ninja these days.
- Especially because that implies he's fought ninjas before and often enough to be completely blasť about it.
- I'd argue the entire movie counts. For everybody in the movie, everybody not in the movie, and just filmmaking in general.
- Agreed. The Wachowskis had to have been incredibly devoted and loving fans to create the movie and render it in such excellent detail. From the candy-colored visuals, to the dizzying roller-coaster of the race scenes, to the way the casting, costumes, and make-up made such incredible live-action doubles of the animated cast. And the double-subversion with Racer X...They out Speed Racered Speed Racer.
- The entire second act of the movie. The whole movie is fantastic, but it's the Casa Cristo race that gives us what we all wanted: Speed driving in the Mach 5 with all of the classic gadgets. This is more in line with the anime, with Speed and Racer X tearing it up across various landscapes and enviornments, right down to Speed wearing his anime outfit. The whole thing is soldified when, at the end, Speed cements his victory by leaping from the Mach 5 and striking that famous pose
- Fresh from the 2008 Speed Racer movie, this troper would like to put forth that the entire Racer family had a crowning moment during the fight scene in the snow covered mountains. Surprisingly, Pops is a badass.
- Spritle and Chim-Chim aren't just Plucky Comic Relief. First of all, during the aforementioned battle in the snow-covered mountains, it's them that save the family by Spritle shooting a man with a toy gun and Chim-Chim throwing poop at him. Then, during the actual fight, they keep one man from getting a real gun by Spritle clapping on the man's sore thumb, kicking him in the nuts, poking him in the eyes, and then Chim-Chim knocking him out with a wrench.
- Sore thumb? It was an index finger, and he stuck it in a hole in a piranha tank earlier in the movie. The look on his face at the time makes it pretty clear what happened to it...