- Always thought it was awesome the way Cherry tried to take a stand against Dunson near the end of the film. Up until that point everyone including the audiance assumed that because of Cherry's moral duplicity, he and Matt would be the ones to fight it out over something trivial. In the end Matt wins Cherry over and Cherry tries his best to protect him!
Melville: You know that young man (Matt) isn't gonna use his gun, don't ya?Cherry: Yeah. But I haven't any such notions.
- Also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Also awesome is the way Dunson out-draws him, knocking him out of the fight, and just keeps going without so much as breaking his stride .
- During the Indian attack, Tess is shot through the shoulder with an arrow. She barely grimaces before continuing to banter with Matt.
- Real Life example: In the shot of Groot driving the chuck wagon across the river, Walter Brennan did the stunt himself.