Awesome: Record of Lodoss War
- Kardis' resurrection is repeatedly stressed as the unstoppable obliteration of every living thing on Lodoss, from merest insect to man to mighty dragon, which indeed proves to be the case in Chronicle of the Heroic Knight… Up until the phantasmal tidal wave of death washes over King Kashue's formation, soldiers dropping dead all around him, he (a completely mundane human being) manages to ward them off through through sheer Bad Ass, urging his men that they can fight and win, whereupon Etoh and his paladins arrive on the field, successfully slicing through the whirling swarms of The Destroyer's influence. While all of this is soon undone after the main characters temporarily resurrect Marfa, it's tremendously inspiring that even if Wagnard's scheme had played out perfectly, someone would've remained to oppose him.
- Mixed with a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming during the final showdown in the TV series during Kardis' ressurection. Neese is being possessed by Naneel, the dark priestess of Kardis, and is shooting waves of dark energy at the heroes as the resurrection and End Of Theworld As We Know It are coming to a close. Neese's consciousness is almost gone, and Spark is getting pummeled. However, Spark is desperate to save Neese, and he continues to get to her as he is being hit by wave after wave of dark energy. Spark calls out to her, and remarkably, he is able to get through to Neese, allowing him to get to her subconscious mind in order to free her soul of Naneel.
- The OVA has plenty of such moments.
- The dragon fight in Episode 1.
- In episode 2, Parn seems to be losing to the Goblin leader until Slayn casts a spell on his sword, which compels the boy to dramatically drive it through the beast, thus saving his village from death.
- In episode 5, when Kashue singlehandedly strikes down the hypnotized prisoner Nabba who attempts to assassinate him (under Karla's influence).
- In episode 8, Parn refuses to join Karla's crusade in "bringing peace to Lodoss", and after the comrades take hits from the witch, only Ghim — despite having been pummeled by dark energy, hurls his axe at Karla which knocks off her circlet. It turns into a Tear Jerker moment, though, as Ghim dies afterwards.
- The climactic finale of episode 13. Everything about it. The dragon fight between Narse and Mycen, the final fight between Ashram, Wagnard, and Parn, and, most spectacularly, Parn heroically bounding onto Kardis's descending altar, ignoring Deedlit's pleas to stay back, he plunges the swords of Beld and Fahn into the altar's barrier, and successfully stops the resurrection. The temple of Falaris collapses and he saves Deedlit.
- Deedlit in Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. With a bit of assistance from Parn and Ashram, she all but drowned the huge dragon Shooting Star in a pool of lava with her shamanistic magic. This all but took the "faux" off of "faux action girl".