- The super-powered finishers Nier does at the end of every boss fight.
- Special mention to the final fight with the Knave of Hearts, when Nier stops playing around and kills it, once and for all, by strangling it with Dark Hand.
- Ending the fight against Wendy. First, Nier creates a massive Dark Lance, and Emil bores a hole through Wendy's tentacle armor. They both put everything they have into this attack...which culminates in dozens of Dark Lances skewering Wendy from the inside out. Then the waterfalls of blood happen.
- When the player finally gets to see in-game the scene that goes along with Kaine's dialogue at startup.
Kaine: [to Weiss] Now pull your head out of your goddamn ass and start fucking helping us!
- Father Nier reaction when he sees the Knaves of Hearts tearing the door down.
Weiss: Dear lord, what is that thing?
Nier: Something that's gonna die.
- Sechs, King of Facade, turns into a walking Crowning Moment of Awesome in the second half of the game.
- A meta-example, but one worth nothing, nonetheless - in spite of its failure at retail, the game is getting another installment, developed by PlatinumGames: NieR: Automata.