Awesome: Mighty Joe Young
- Joe's fight with the cowboys near the start of the film. Crawford turned out to be right after all.
"You can't rope a gorilla!"
- Watching Joe take on a dozen male lions to protect some random human (admittedly, he was the one who set them lose in the first place) at Max's night club.
- O'Hara gets one for refusing to help the police who've captured him get there car un-stuck from the mud. He helps again when they catch up to Joe and the others while there trying to help the children get out of the burning orphanage. One cop tried to shoot at Joe (which was really stupid of him because it was obvious he was helping some children escape a burning building) but O'Hara grabbed at the gun before he could fire.
- The whole nightclub rampage is an MoA for the then-young Ray Harryhausen. He was barely 29 years old, working on his first major film project, and doing a lot of very complicated stop-motion that still looks great!
- Joe rescuing the children from the burning orphanage. Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.
- O'Hara proving his Benevolent Boss credentials by stepping in to protect one of his cigarette girls from a bunch of loutish drunks.