- Hayes' Establishing Character Moment in Spring Training where, having been tossed out of camp, he races back in during a sprinting drill and outruns the players participating.
Lou: (looks at stopwatch) Get him a uniform.
- Coach Lou confronting "the bitch" owner Rachel Phelps in the locker room after a particularly trying game, especially about the shoddy condition of said locker room. And he does it naked.
Rachel: Shouldn't you cover yourself with a towel first, Mr. Brown?Lou (standing cross-armed): We're out of towels, and I'm too old to go diving into lockers!
- "Forget about the curveball, Ricky....give 'em the heater."
- The Indians' Miracle Rally montage set to James Newton Howards's "Pennant Fever".
- The final play:
Harry Doyle: ''Taylor bunts!...Hayes around third, he's gonna try to score!...Here's the throw!....He slides!....He is...Umpire: SAFE! SAFE!Harry Doyle: AND THE INDIANS WIN IT, THE INDIANS WIN IT, OH MY GOD, THE INDIANS WIN IT!
- According to Word of God, for Cerrano's game-tying home run in the climactic game, Dennis Haybert really did clear the fences with that swing — not as far as the ball was depicted to have gone, but he did hit a legitimate home run nonetheless.
- When Wild Thing enters the field and the entire crowd sings along to his theme music. Easily one of the coolest intro scenes in film.
- And cool enough that real life closers now have their own power-up entrances.
- Early in the second movie, Vaughn's first inning is described by Bob Uecker as "Oooo! Strike three! Oh! Strike six! Wow! Strike nine!" Rick Vaughn pitched what's known as an immaculate inning, a fairly uncommon accomplishment for a pitcher.