- Max gets shot in the leg then one of his arms ran over. Seems like he's about to be finished by Bubba. Max not only has the strength to shoot Bubba but then raises up and hops on one leg towards Toecutter who quickly drives off in fear.
- "The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go."
- The whole opening chase, particularly Max beating the Nightrider in a chicken race.
- Even better, that sequence, and the film as a whole, is a shining example of what a filmmaker can do on a low budget to make a thrilling and intelligent film with sufficient artistic talent.
- Max chasing down the biker gang. When he does a handbrake turn, he accelerates right at the oncoming group. Cue bikes and bikers being launched off the bridge.
- Toecutter's eye-popping demise when he gets run over by a truck.