- On a meta level: the original background plates and cutscenes were considered to be good enough that they were used in the remastered game practically untouched 17 years after the original game was released.
- Olivia's two-stanza Title Drop poem:
With bony hands, I hold my partner;On soulless feet, we cross the floor.The music stops, as if to answerAn empty knocking at the door.It seems his skin was sweet as mangoWhen last I held him to my breast.But now, we dance this grim fandangoAnd will four years - before we rest.
- Knocking scumbag lawyer Nick Virago to the ground with one punch, after he sprouts poor innocent Lola.
Nick: Was...was that for the photo girl?Manny: No, that was just for being you. I don't have time to get you for Lola, but I'm sure somebody will. (And he does get his when he tries to bum a ride on the Number Nine, and gets Dragged Off to Hell instead.)
- Giant squid/octopus? No problem...*slash*
- Domino's Karmic Death:
Domino: I can't believe you, Calavera! You're losing a fight, so you pick on one of my pets?! Why aren't you more like me, Manny? I've been trying to show you how but you don't listen! If you'd just adopt the proper attitude, just look what could happen to you! [Gets crushed by the coral crushers he didn't notice approaching him from behind him.]
- The fan-fiction version took this scene and turned up the horror up to eleven. It ends with Glottis grabbing Domino and starts dismantling him, literally, before tossing pieces of him overboard.
- Manny confronting Hector, whilst dressed in his old reaper getup and in his old office.
"My name's Calavera, and I want a bigger cut."
- When Glottis revealed The Bone Wagon, and take Manny for a ride in it. The image of a flame-spewing hotrod being driven by a literal speed demon, with a thronenote on the backside where The Grim Reaper himself sits, scythe in hand, is truly a sight to behold.