Awesome: Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72
- After Agnew pardons himself, the House and Senate leaders use that pardon to impeach him and remove him from office, replacing him with James Gavin, a former Army general who was elected Speaker of the House.
- The IRA sends five operatives to kidnap Sean Connery the way that they did Roger Moore. Connery beats the stuffing out of them.
- George Wallace's appearance on Spiro Agnew's talk show. When Agnew goes for the low blow and tries to turn Wallace's disability into an issue (Wallace had been paralyzed ever since he was shot), Wallace turns it around and not only makes Agnew look like a jerkass for bringing it up, but he takes the physical pain he's gone through for the last four years and ties it to the economic pain that Americans had been feeling during the Second Great Depression.
- Wallace again, for honestly recanting his racist beliefs and inviting his rivals Ron Dellums and Nick Katzenbach into his campaign once he becomes the clear frontrunner. Shame the latter falls apart later on.
- In the 80's, Wallace returns to politics one more time in response to Rumsfeldia. Though aged and in poor health, he almost casually becomes Attorney-General and then Governor of Alabama. Again. All while avoiding trumped-up charges brought against him by Malleus Democrat and publicly decrying Rumsfeld. Say what you will about George Wallace, but he's diehard as it gets.
- After the Communist Party of Italy is elected into government, a cabal of right-wing businessmen and other figures attempts to overthrow them. When the plot actually goes into action, not only do both Washington and Moscow protest the coup, but dozens of ambassadors from countries on both sides of the Cold War camp out in front of the Italian legislature as a sign of protest. Unsurprisingly, the coup collapses in less than a week.
- Jimmy Carter manages to predict and prevent the attempts to get him committed on baseless charges of mental illness for publicly opposing Rumsfeld, uses this to convince the Vice-President of just how bad Rumsfeld is, and starts to organize a movement to impeach him.
- The State of California gets one for collectively defying Rumsfeld and Cheney by passing the Articles of Secession and naming their administration the cause of America's suffering.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.