- Jake schooling his obnoxious son (played by John Wayne's Real Life son, Patrick):
"Well son—since you haven't learned to respect your elders, it's time you learned to respect your betters!"
Jake McCandles: You can call me Father, you can call me Jacob, you can call me Jake. You can call me a dirty son-of-a-bitch, but if you EVER call me Daddy again, I'll finish this fight.
- A moment later, Jake lays out his Berserk Button:
- When the McCandles rescue Little Jake and carry out a Roaring Rampage of Revenge:
John Fain: Who are you?Jacob: Jacob McCandles.John Fain: *disbelieving look* ...I thought you was dead.Jacob: Not hardly.
- There is also a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming at the same moment when Little Jake says: "Are you my grandpa?"
- Here's a really cool moment.
Jake McCandles: And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed, I'm gonna blow your head off.