- The picnic scene, starting when the gigantic shoe descended into frame and ending with a flick of a gum-and-ant-covered penny into the garbage. Think humans are ants compared to giant monsters? To ants, we're living mountains.
- Z's (attempted) rescue of Bala. According to Word of God, at that point, Z had to stop being a nebbish and start being heroic.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams combined to make a superb soundtrack - their next film was Chicken Run - and six words: "High Hopes" sung by Doris Day. You'll know it when you hear it.
- Ants are awesomely strong for their size, but Weaver supporting about ten-thousand ants on his shoulders, all alone? That was still cool.
- Cutter rebelling against Mandible and stepping forward to help Z and the others.
Mandible: What are you doing?!Cutter: Something I should have done a long time ago. THIS is for the good of the colony.
- Z sees Mandible about to kill Colonel Cutter and shoves him out of the way. Keep in mind he barely knows Cutter - but the guy is about to help his friends, and that's far more important. Throughout the film Z has been rather selfish - now he understands that the colony is just as important as he is.