- The picnic scene, starting when the gigantic shoe descended into frame and ending with a flick of a gum-and-ant-covered penny into the garbage. Think humans are ants compared to giant monsters? To ants, we're living mountains.
- Z's (attempted) rescue of Bala. According to Word of God, at that point, Z had to stop being a nebbish and start being heroic.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams combined to make a superb soundtrack—their next film was Chicken Run—and six words: "High Hopes" sung by Doris Day. You'll know it when you hear it.
- Ants are awesomely strong for their size, but Weaver supporting about ten-thousand ants on his shoulders, all alone? That was still cool.
- Bala fearlessly standing up to Mandible and revealing her true distaste for him.
Bala: I don't like the way you think, the way you run this colony, or YOU! The wedding's off!
- Cutter rebelling against Mandible and stepping forward to help Z and the others.
Mandible: What are you doing?!
Cutter: Something I should have done a long time ago. This is for the good of the colony.
- Z sees Mandible about to kill Colonel Cutter and shoves him out of the way. Keep in mind he barely knows Cutter—but the guy is about to help his friends, and that's far more important. Throughout the film Z has been rather selfish—now he understands that the colony is just as important as he is.