This is essentially an animated Woody Allen movie so there's plenty of funny.
- So much of Z's dialogue.
Z: Lunatic at three o'clock.Z: I'll have you know, I have it from a very reliable source...well, maybe a drunk raving source...Z: Tunnel opening ceremony.Z: Every worker in the colony is here!... Hey, wait a minute, that guy owes me money...Z: Who the hell is that? (when faced with a penny)
- When Z, disguised as a soldier, is introduced to Bala at a ceremony, he gives a sexy growl at her instead of the formal greetings he'd given to the Queen and Mandible. Keep in mind, this is Woody Allen making a sexy growl.
- "Be the ball!"note
Z: This is a lawsuit waiting to happen!
- The signs the cheering ants hold up for Z:
- 'WELCOME HOME, TROOPS' with the 'S' hastily crossed out.
- 'ONE TO NOTHING, WE WIN!'
- Z's pathetic attempts at being a soldier ant. Highlights include him telling another soldier he'll get out soon since he's got a trial membership...for the army.
- Aphid beers are either this or squick. Their legs even wiggle when you drink!
- Some of Cutter's dialogue can be this thanks to his being voiced by Christopher Walken.
- Weaver voicing that there would be consequences talking about impersonating a soldier and even listening to ants talking about impersonating a soldier. Cut to a wide-shot of awake soldiers eavesdropping and immediately going back to sleep.
- For some reason, Z's aghast watching Bala screaming as she passes by, stuck underneath a battleship-sized sneaker, is just hilarious.
- The grizzled veteran ant soldier Barbatus is a wellspring of Black Comedy:
Barbatus: <as Z picks up his still-living severed head> Be honest, kid. Am I hurt bad?