- Both Dylan and Akeelah in the final round of the Scripps Spelling Bee.
Dylan: If you don't do your best, I don't want it.
- First, Akeelah when she deliberately misspells "xanthosis" because she figures Dylan needs to win more than she does because of his father and she figures that she always has next year.
- Immediately afterward, Dylan realizes what she's trying to do and deliberately misspells the word himself, refusing to let her throw the match out of pity for him. He doesn't care that much about what his dad thinks and wants to win fair and square.
- Dylan and Akeelah going on to become co-champions, which is more impressive than one or the other winning because it requires them both to get through all of the remaining championship words together instead of relying on the other to get one wrong.
- The montage showing Akeelah working with her "50,000 coaches," which elevates her respect for herself and her neighborhood.