Animation: Pangea The Neverending World
Pangea - The Neverending World
(also called Rexy
) is a Hungarian 3D animated short film from 2009. 7 minutes long, it follows the adventures of a young Tyrannosaurus rex
named Rexy. You can view the whole short here
This short provides examples of:
- All-CGI Cartoon
- Artistic License – Paleontology: Rexy and his mother both stand too upright. And while Rexy, accurately, has two fingers on each hand, his mother has three.
- Big Damn Heroes: Rexy's mother arrives just in time to save him from the Spinosaurus.
- Chasing A Butterfly: At the beginning of the short, Rexy chases a butterfly, which leads him away from his nest to a ravine he almost falls in. Later, he is also attacked by a Spinosaurus.
- Mama Bear: Rexy's mother, a protective mother T. rex.
- Paddleball Shot: There's a handful of these, just for the sake of showing off the 3D effects; e.g. vines hanging towards the camera in the opening scene, and a pterosaur screaming at the camera.
- Speech-Impaired Animal: Most of the time, Rexy just makes random baby sounds (pretty much constantly). However, sometimes you can hear actual words in his chatter (most notably, "mama").
- Stock Dinosaurs: Tyrannosaurus rex, Pteranodon, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops and Spinosaurus.
- Straying Baby: Rexy, right after hatching, wanders away from his nest and ends up in danger.