Panda Cheese is an obscure cheese brand from Egypt. However, they were known for their series of advertisements which went viral on the internet
and even managed to win awards from the Cannes Lions. It became a minor Memetic Mutation
in the internet with some people doing a parodies of it.
The ads would start out with someone offering someone else a Panda Cheese and the person would refuse it for whatever reasons. Then a Panda would come on screen, stare at the person for a while, then starts destroying their things. The implicit message being that you shouldn't refuse a Panda Cheese in the first place.
- Berserk Button: If someone offers you Panda Cheese, you better accept.
- Disproportionate Retribution: A Panda will Come and Ruin Your Day, All Because You Refuse to Try His Cheese.
- In one of the ads, the panda disconnects the feeding tube from a hospital patient's IV because he wasn't hungry. We can presume that he needed those fluids to live, judging from the look on the nurse's face.
- Genre Savvy: In one commercial, a guy decided to get 2 Panda Cheeses upon seeing the Panda before it could destroy his groceries.
- Jerkass: The Panda. Seriously, why did it have to destroy everything just because someone didn't want to eat the product?
- Leitmotif: When the Panda appears, Buddy Holly's "True Love Ways" plays.
- Mascot: Presumably the Panda Bear in regards to Panda Cheese.
- Not Good With Rejection: The Panda obviously.
- Oh Crap: The reaction of the people when they see the Panda.
- Slasher Smile: The Panda only has a smile on its face, even when its simmering with rage and about to ruin your day.
- Space Whale Aesop: You better get this product, or a panda will come and destroy your things.
- Strictly Formula: As described above.