Do the time warp, doods! Let's play Disgaea Infinite!
Introductory Q & A, and the Database List, dood!NOTE:
The original version of this LB was posted on Oct. 31, 2010. So don't get too confused by the next sentence, dood!
Happy Halloween! What a wonderful time to introduce my new Live Blog
project! Sorry, Inside Story fans (if any of you are still out there), but itíll be a while before I get back to it. While I do have intentions of returning, I just havenít been in the mood for the last almost-an-entire-year. Plus, a friend of mine is borrowing the DS so he can play Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Q. Disgaea, huh? So this is a Strategy RPG that focuses on a Noble Demon, right?
- A. UhÖno. For starters, a Prinny is the star instead of an Overlord.
- Q. So itís a platforming game, like the one that had ĎPrinnyí in the title?
- A. Incorrect. And if you keep making guesses like this, weíre gonna be here all night.
- Q. Well then, just spit it out already! What kind of game is this?
- Q. ÖYouíve got to be [CENSORED] kidding me.
- A. What can I say? Nippon Ichi can come up with some weird concepts.
- Q. Oh, fine. So, Mr. Culi, whatís the plot?
- A. I havenít actually played the game yet, but Iíve looked at online guides, and it seems that thereís three basic parts to it. There will probably be a tutorial, followed by the main plot, where the player character/Prinny has to stop an assassination attempt targeting Laharl. After that, thereís something involving a delicious dessert, and our choices here will affect which ending we get (with the exceptions of #1, and possibly #13 and #14).
- Q. All right, I can tolerate that. Does it have any special gimmicks, like relationship values?
- A. Well, the Prinny main is supposed to get help from some kinda animate pocketwatch named TickTock. You can use this to navigate time forwards and backwards, so you can skip past scenes youíve already witnessed or go back and change history. You can also possess people and influence their decisions.
- Q. ...Sure, why not? Now, how will this LB work?
- A. Well, Iíll try to record as much of my progress as I can without going so far as re-printing the entire game script. Sometimes, when I reach a decision, Iíll save the game and wait until my lovely audience (thatís you) tell me what path you want to take. Also, like [[Tropers/gentlemanorcas Orcas]]ís LB of Tactics Ogre (which Iíve been a major fan of), Iíll let you select from Database terms you want to find out more about. Of course, considering the series, theyíll be more comedic than informative.
- Q. Seems fair. How will we know when this showís over?
- A. Knowing how my last LB went, itíll end whenever I get sufficiently lazy. However, if weíre somehow able to earn all 14 of the Multiple Endings, thatíll be just swell. We could also try for all the Database items, but thatíd just take way too [CENSORED] long.
The Netherworld Database (69% complete)
This section was originally for those that want to jump to the introduction of a specific character, or to revisit a favourite ending. However, I've got no clue how to link things properly using this system, so just use the Ctrl + F function. Anything in bold has been defined at some point or another.
CHARACTERS ENCOUNTERED: 10/11
- Captain Gordon
LOCATIONS VISITED/HEARD ABOUT: 9/10
- Laharlís Bedroom
- Throne Room
- Castle: Outside
- Secret Room
- Evil Academy
OTHER DATABASE TERMS: 49/70
- Crab Brain
- Sexy Bod
- Flat Chest
- Theatrical Version
- 108 Punishments
- Pocket Watch
- Death Flag Cliche
- Thursday's Body Part
- Hell (HL)
- Old Bottle
- Gordon [skil name]!
- [Number] Arts
- Geo Symbol
- Spit Up The Sky
- Sea Cucumber
- Cleaning Duty
- Defender of Earth
- Space Dryer Paper
- Teriyaki Pizza
- Hero's Duty
- Great Overlord
- Stupid Laugh
- Power-Up Unit
- Evil Quotient
- Angel Trainee
- Love Mania
- Another World's Language
- Sea of Gehenna
- What is an Overlord?
- Fixing Up
- Woman's Intuition
- Special Range of Effect
ENDINGS REVEALED: 5/14
- Prinny Geo Symbol
- Savor The Pudding
- Mao's Caught Specimens!
- What?! No Specimens?!
- Mao & Beryl's Mistake
So, with this section out of the way, weíre all set to begin our playthough. Letís go, doods!
22nd Apr 11