DAN 004 wuz ere takin over ur druft
There are many ways of reacting to your imminent death. Some people whine, others smile
, some others scream, others face it with grace and courage
Then there's always the chance for one last profanity.
It can be a curse to your killer (which, depending on the work, will eventually strike him/her), or simply a dear old last F bomb before you go, caused by despair, rage, fear or whatever else. If the dying character is prone to Cluster F-Bomb
then this is a must, but it doesn't stop well-mannered gentlemen from having one last Precision F-Strike
before they go. Frequently used in showcase of Defiant to the End
, but not always; this can also happen after a Villainous Breakdown
or any other kind of breakdown.
Related to See You in Hell
; the trope can be used as this when used by a dying person. See also Oh, Crap
and, often, Curse Cut Short
. Being a Death Trope
, there could be some unmarked spoilers ahead, so be careful. Compare Dying Curse
when the curse words are actually a Curse
rather than profanity.
Anime and Manga
- The quite vulgar Hidan from Naruto. After being blown to pieces by Shikamaru, his still-insulting head is Buried Alive while throwing a flow of insults at his opponent.
- In Genzo, Kurojishi use his last words before exploding to smithereens to curse Genzo. Loudly.
- Cirucci Sanderwicci from Bleach, when the Exequias come to take her away after losing to Ishida. In the fourth movie, Kokuto screams a loud "Kusooo" (Shit) as he's being dragged deeper into the pits of hell.
- Preacher. Herr Starr's last words, on having most of his head blown off: "Shit."
- Dead Like Me. George gets out a last "Oh Shit" before being vaporized from a space toilet that didn't quite get the memo on where and when to re-enter the atmosphere.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- In "Doppelgangland", Willow's vampire Evil Twin dies saying "Fuck".
- Played With with the Mayor, who goes with a much more tame, "Well gosh."
- Homestuck. The Sufferer's last word, uttered during his execution, is known as the Vast Expletive.
- In Community Channel, Natalie muses that despite most characters having dramatic secrets to reveal (e.g. "Agatha's not dead...!), her last words would mostly likely be something like "....fucking....... hurts..."
- According to the officer that arrived to the scene of Tupac Shakur's drive-by shooting, his last words were "fuck you" (to the cop).
- Cozy Powell was apparently speaking to his girlfriend on his cellphone when he uttered "Oh shit!" before losing control and crashing his Saab 9000 going 104 MPH without a seat belt.
- George V of Britain made public last words of "The King's life is moving peacefully towards its close." Instead, his nurse administered a sedative, making his actual last words, "God damn you!"