Do We Have This One? Needs A Better Title The ability to remove one's eye (real or false) and use it to view hard to see areas during certain situations after placing it somewhere. The eye is not in any way connected to the owner, yet it operates just as well as it was. Apart from the creepyness value, it can also work as a Surveillance Drone. Compare Detachment Combat, Helping Hands, Losing Your Head.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Gaara in Naruto does this during the first stage of the Chunnin exams.
- In the Toy Story series, the Potato Heads are often seen holding their eyes above their heads to see, etc., as a gag. It becomes a plot point in Toy Story 3, when Mrs. Potato Head loses an eye before leaving Andy's room, and later finds that she can still use it to see Andy's room from under the dresser where she left it.
- Spy in Your Eye
- The alien does this in Brother From Another Planet.
- Discworld: Blind Io has dozens of remote eyes.
- In the Harry Potter series, Mad-Eye Moody's magical eye. Also, it's used by Dolores Umbridge as a spycam.
- A Monster Of The Week on The X Files was able to order his body parts about to act independently, including his eyes.
- G'Kar picks up this ability on Babylon 5: after the deranged Centauri emperor gouges his eye out, it is later replaced with an artificial eye that can function even when removed from his eye socket.
- Aughra from The Dark Crystal has only one eye, but she can remove it from her head and hold it up to get a better look at things.
- In Vampire: TheRequiem, Belial's Brood has an investment called Flesh Spider that lets the detach body parts but still use them. This includes their eyes.
- In the second installment of the Thief series, Garret obtains a mechanical eye that he can see through, even when you take it out and throw over a fence or use it to look around corners. That's how it was explained to me, anyway.
- Ever Quest has the ability with some spells, an item, and a monk disciple to send out an eye to investigate for you.
- Arguably the whole point of Krumm's character design from Aaahh Real Monsters. He doesn't even have eye sockets -- he carries his eyeballs around in his hands. They get thrown around or rolled into places where he wants to see quite a bit.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable