Up for Grabs
, Needs More Examples
, Needs a Better Title
, Rolling Updates
Take a shoe, add a blade on it (switchblade-function optional) and voilá! You have something that your combatant won't notice until you literally kick his ass.
A weapon preferred by assassins and dirty fighters alike.
Subtrope of Armed Legs
and Tricked-Out Shoes
. Compare Leg Cannon
Anime & Manga
- Ninja Maid Fabiola Iglesias in Black Lagoon has blades hidden in her shoe soles. Which she reveals by means of a Groin Attack.
- Vash The Stampede uses one of these for a while in Trigun. It gets destroyed about a fifth of the way through the series.
- In Gamaran, a Ninja from the Tamagakushi school wears sandals with sharp hooks on them.
- In One Piece, the fishman and pirate captain Vander Decken has sharp blades hidden in his sandals. Considering that he has four legs, he's far deadlier than the usual type.
- Kanae Takaya from Cynthia the Mission has blades built into her shoes, which she uses in one chapter in a very nasty Groin Attack. On another girl.
- X-23 a female clone of Wolverine, who instead of three claws per hand, has two and the extra located in her foot.
- In From Russia with Love, a SPECTRE operative who failed the main mission, is disposed with a poisoned blade shoe. The trick returns for the finale where it is tried against Bond.
- Same thing with the original novel.
- Yet another asskicking ensues in Road House when Dalton spots a troublemaker wearing one.
- The Joker uses one of these rather unsuccessfully in The Dark Knight.
- Gordon gives one of these to West in The Wild Wild West. It doesn't quite work out.
- In Salt, a man the CIA were interrogating escapes from their custody using one of these.
- In The Pink Panther Strikes Again, one of the assassins sent after Inspector Clouseau had a boot with an extendable blade.
- The KGB vs. CIA episode of Deadliest Warrior tested all sorts of unusual gadgets, including a shoe with a retractable knife.
- In Wild Wild West, Jim West had a shoe with a blade in the tip (activated by tapping the front, but Fridge Logic says that this would be a terrible idea). And I think one of the henchmen had TWO of these?
- In Cutey Honey The Live, one of the main villains of the show has very long blades extending out of his feet.
- Jude The Dude, a killer cowboy boss from MadWorld. His roller skates have blades that he uses in kicking attacks.
- Valeria in Soul Calibur III has blades on her shoes and fights with kicks.
- Japanese Kunoichi (female ninja) were said to keep hidden blades in their sandals.
- Truth in Television with ice skates, although they aren't generally intended as weapons.