Up For Grabs, Needs More Examples, Needs A Better Title, Rolling Updates Take a shoe, add a blade on it (switchblade-function optional) and voilą! You have something that your combatant won't notice until you literally kick his ass. A weapon preferred by assassins and dirty fighters alike. Subtrope of Armed Legs and Tricked Out Shoes. Compare Leg Cannon.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Ninja Maid Fabiola Iglesias in Black Lagoon has blades hidden in her shoe soles. Which she reveals by means of a Groin Attack.
- Vash The Stampede uses one of these for a while in Trigun. It gets destroyed about a fifth of the way through the series.
- In Gamaran, a Ninja from the Tamagakushi school wears sandals with sharp hooks on them.
- In One Piece, the fishman and pirate captain Vander Decken has sharp blades hidden in his sandals. Considering that he has four legs, he's far deadlier than the usual type.
- Kanae Takaya from Cynthia The Mission has blades built into her shoes, which she uses in one chapter in a very nasty Groin Attack. On another girl.
- X-23 a female clone of Wolverine, who instead of three claws per hand, has two and the extra located in her foot.
- In From Russia With Love, a SPECTRE operative who failed the main mission, is disposed with a poisoned blade shoe. The trick returns for the finale where it is tried against Bond. The same thing occurs in the original novel.
- Yet another asskicking ensues in Road House when Dalton spots a troublemaker wearing one.
- The Joker uses one of these rather unsuccessfully in The Dark Knight.
- Gordon gives shoe with a blade in the tip (activated by tapping the front, but Fridge Logic says that this would be a terrible idea) to West in The Wild Wild West. It doesn't quite work out because one of Loveless' henchmen had TWO of them.
- In Salt, a man the CIA were interrogating escapes from their custody using one of these.
- In The Pink Panther Strikes Again, one of the assassins sent after Inspector Clouseau had a boot with an extendable blade.
- Dark Action Girl Eris in Thais Of Athens wears sandals with blades hidden in them, as a leftover of her days as a priestess, and uses them at least once against unwanted suitors.
- The Assassins in Terry Pratchett's Discworld are said to have this handy feature built into their footwear.
- Alan Dean Foster's Splinter Of The Minds Eye. One of the miners who attacks Luke and Leia had boots with extendable blades.
- The giantess Mirtai has a pair of these in The Elenium.
- Esme Squalor has these (stiletto heels) in A Series Of Unfortunate Events.
- The KGB vs. CIA episode of Deadliest Warrior tested all sorts of unusual gadgets, including a shoe with a retractable knife.
- In Cutey Honey The Live, one of the main villains of the show has very long blades extending out of his feet.
- One of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toylines gave one to a Bepop figure.
- Jude The Dude, a killer cowboy boss from Mad World. His roller skates have blades that he uses in kicking attacks.
- Valeria in Soul Calibur III has blades on her shoes and fights with kicks.
- Japanese kunoichi (female ninja) were said to keep hidden blades in their sandals.
- Truth In Television with ice skates, although they aren't generally intended as weapons.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable