Giant Enemy Body Part YKTTW Discussion
|Giant Enemy Body Part|
Attack Of The Fifty Feet Whatever, with disembodied abominations.
Giant enemies are dangerous. But sometimes, a whole giant ain't needed. Just send a gigantic body part after the protagonist, and suddenly everything became 20% creepier. Eyes, hands, limbless torso...Everything will do. Related to Animate Body Parts. A supertrope of Giant Hands of Doom, Faceless Eye, and Giant Foot of Stomping. Compare Attack of the Monster Appendage, this time there is absolutely no body around.
Examples:Anime & Manga
- The moon-sized, foot or hand-looking mechas the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann team has to fight on their way to save Nia from the Anti-Spiral
- Monty Python: The foot of Cupid from a renaissance painting is used to crush things. We never really see if it's really disembodied, but there's no other foot around and we never see Cupid himself.
- The Crawling Eye
- The Crawling Hand
- Attack of the Eye Creatures
- In the Doctor Who episode, "The Eleventh Hour", an intergalactic police force called the Atraxi threaten to destroy the earth. The Atraxi resemble giant human eyeballs set in a snowflake-like crystaline structure. It's not explained if the crystaline structures are their bodies, space ships or what.
- The Glove from The Beatles' Yellow Submarine. If it wasn't just a glove...
- Dungeons & Dragons has a line of spells created by the wizard Bigby, which summon a giant hand. What the hand does depends on the version of the spell; for example, Bigby's Clenched Fist summons a giant fist that punches enemies.
- The hand from Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate. Possibly also the giant foot from the same game.
- One of the bosses of Majyuuou is a giant eyeball.
- The Robot Foot in Narbonic. Less "creepy" and more "gags about Kuribo's shoe", though.
- Arguably, Wheatley from Portal 2. Limbless ? Check. No body for half of the game ? Double check.
- Master Hand and Crazy Hand are iconic examples coming from Super Smash Bros..
- MONOCULUS! The giant haunted eyeball from Team Fortress 2.