Hot Chick In A Badass Suit YKTTW Discussion
|Hot Chick In A Badass Suit|
Possible alternate name: Sharp Dressed Chick There are a lot of ways you can dress a sexy chick to make her even sexier. Cheerleader uniform, tube top and mini-skirt(well, if you like your girls a little skanky), or you can invoke the rule of cool = sexy. And the best way to do that is put her in a badass suit.
- Probably the Most Triumphant Example is Pam Grier at the end of Jackie Brown(which may explain why she's wearing it on the movie poster).
- Another example: In one scene in The Dark Knight, Maggie Gyllenhaal is interrogating a guy, while wearing black slacks, a white dress shirt with wide lapels, and a black vest. Pretty much all she needs to complete the look is a rapier. Or two guns.
- In Charlie's Angels (one or two, I can't remember) Lucy Liu's character wears a power suit that borders on fetish gear while pretending to be a business consultant.
- Balalaika from Black Lagoon.
- Miss Parker from The Pretender.
- Takarazuka thrives on the whole "women in suits = hot" thing.
- Anyway, there's Irene Adler towards the end of the recent Sherlock Holmes movie.
- Special Agent Dana Scully, The X-Files.
- It's a Joss Whedon show, so it's not too surprising, but Clyde in Whiskey's body in the penultimate episode of Dollhouse. Also averted by Adelle DeWitt.
- Demi Moore in that suit she "wore" on the cover of Vanity Fair?
- Showed up during the 'Sister' arc of El Goonish Shive, when Ellen - somewhat crazy and believeing herself to be Elliot's 'Evil Twin' - wears a sharp suit when she goes out to cause trouble (she fails miserably at this goal, and instead winds up playing the hero, but regardless...) Dan Shive even admitted in the notations that he had her dress that way 'cuz he thought it was hot. Ah, here's the introductory strip.
- Rin Asougi from Mnemosyne.