A common problem in top-down RPG's, the Annoying Townsfolk
is when game NP Cs
with collision detection:
- Actively seem to get in your way and prevent you from getting about.
- In particular: doorways, the standing in thereof
- Walk around randomly, particularly in small spaces
- In the worst examples running into an NPC will cause you to enter conversation mode - meaning that not only do they get in your face and block your way, they start getting chatty.
- Block you in and never let you leave.
- Elona Certain NP Cs in towns will talk to you if you walk into them. This can make getting around a hassle.