There isn't really much to say about the Wet Willy. What it is, is when you stick your finger into your mouth then stick your saliva-covered finger into the ear of an unfortunate victim. Often a staple of The Bully. Compare Wedgie and Swirlie. Sub-Trope to Kick the Dog. Not to be confused with anything to do with penises, or Free Willy for that matter.
Needs More Examples
- This happens in two different ways in Cerebus the Aardvark during the Jaka's Story Story Arc:
- This is one of Jaka's best techniques to get her husband Rick out of bed in a hurry, to the point that even when he's completely drowsed out, the sound of her putting her finger in her mouth is enough to have him instantly awake.
- One of Lord Julius' like-a-looks tricks the poet Oscar into giving one to himself.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III has the turtles giving one of the guards a wet willie multiple times. Eventually, that guard decides to just give himself the wet willie before they can.
- In the episode of Saturday Night Live hosted by Andy Samberg (a former cast member), one of the sketches they bring back is of a very affectionate family who constantly kiss each other (and more!), squicking out a newcomer. In this particular episode, the older brother character, who comes across as a bit of a bully, sets up to give his younger brother a Wet Willy - but in this case he licks his finger and then french kisses his brother's ear.
- The Codename: Kids Next Door episode "Operation: B.U.L.L.I.E.S" featured, among the bullies on Bully Island, what was known as a Wet Willy Mammoth, whose name was self-explanatory.
- In the Dexter's Laboratory short "The Big Sister", after Deedee became a giant after eating one of Dexter's chemically-enhanced chocolate chip cookies and Dexter confronts her in his giant robot, Deedee does this to the robot, which causes some parts of it to short-circuit.
- In another episode, Dexter is fighting pirates and the captain calls on a minion named Wet Willie.
- Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy. In, "Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show," the Kankers do this to Sarah as a means of torture to get her to reveal that she and Jimmy are on a hunt to find the Eds; the entire ordeal is portrayed as rather traumatic for Sarah, and the fact that the animation is exaggerated for emphasis really didn't help either.
- The episode of The Simpsons which introduces Ruth Powers has her and her teenage daughter, Laura, move in next door (the latter of whom Bart develops a Precocious Crush on). Amongst other things, Laura gives Bart one of these as part of her Establishing Character Moment as a Cool Big Sis.
Bart: Do you know what a 'Wet Willie' is?Crush: Is it...this!? [sticks her finger in Bart's ear]
- In one episode of Teen Titans, Beast Boy gains a condition that causes him to pass out and can only be revived if he laughs. During one attempt, Cyborg makes him laugh by licking his finger and shoving it up Raven's ear, electrocuting her from the saliva conducting his robotic hand.
- In Jackie Chan Adventures. There was a Set Right What Once Went Wrong plot where Jade goes back in time to help Jackie on something. They were fighting some bullies and Jackie straddles one of the bigger ones and gives him this treatment as a Special Attack complete with Calling Your Attacks.
Needs More Examples
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.