GrowingMusclesSequence YKTTW Discussion
Up for Grabs and needs a better name. A sub-trope of Transformation Sequence (currently referenced as monstrous transformation ) this version is used for several versions of shapeshifting, One-Winged Angel and Hulking Out. The sequence will always contain at least three of these:
- a close-up of an arm growing. (character will stare at his hand if surprised.)
- a close-up of facial features distorting.
- the character bending backwards as the chest expands
- the character bending forwards as the back muscles expand, ripping the shirt , if any. (If the character is a villain, he will nearly always have Spikes of Villainy popping up along the spine.)
- Roar Before Beating or a Skyward Scream
- Joker's goons show us how it's done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dOZr4jRo0
- The Monstars from Space Jam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkBPmrrqOo
- Hulk does some of those Once an Episode in most media he appears in and a complete trope on occassion.
- In Batman, Bane would do this, at least in his bulkier incarnations.
- This unfortunate man from the series Cybersix, as he changes into a werewolf