Group Blowout Fight YKTTW Discussion
|Group Blowout Fight|
Needs a Better Title A group of friends fight amongst each other, all the unresolved tension comes to the surface and everything they've been hiding from each other gets revealed. Usually starts with someone accidentally revealing another's secret and then the other person spitefully reveals more secrets.
- On Big Wave Dave's it's stated that Dave, Marshall and Richie periodically have huge blowups, then have a dinner together to iron everything out. But the show only lasted 6 episodes so we only see this happen once.
- Community seems to loves these. In the pilot episode Jeff intentionally causes a fight between the study group by playing everyone's differences off against each other. The first episode of the second season had the group fight again due to Jeff and Britta's Escalating War going too far. The second season bottle episode had the group fight starting because of Annie's missing pen. And later in that season the fact that the group fights so much is lampshaded and the subject of the series's faux-clip show.
- An episode of Charmed had the Halliwell Sisters fighting each other mainly because the demon of anger was goading them on. During the argument each sister's various issues came to a head. Phoebe and Piper reveal their annoyance at Prue's overbearing and controlling tendencies. Prue and Phoebe beaten Piper at her lack of confidence and spontaneity. Piper and Prue go at Phoebe for her irresponsibility and selfishness. The argument crescendos to the point of the girls using their powers on one another and then losing them because the base of their magic lies in their strength as sisters.
- In a later episode (after Prue had been Killed Off for Real and Paige replaces her.) the Halliwells encounter a muse. The muse tends to inspire people whether they want to or not and it causes others around them to become more passionate. Under the muse's influence the Halliwell's start arguing at the drop of a hat and Phoebe and Cole's unresolved relationship issues come to light.
- Happens a few times on Friends. One notable example is when Chandler, Monica, and Ross spend half an episode spitefully revealing each others secrets.