The Power of Friendship
is one of the strongest things in the world. Sometimes, however, it's not enough. What's the best way to really capitalize on a friendship? Break out in song about it, of course.
This is essentially a song that explains about the how the friendship between two or more characters keeps them together and never lets them fall apart.
This may be a Sidekick Song
. Compare Silly Love Song
Film - Animated
Film - Live-Action
- In Axis Powers Hetalia, we have England's song "My Friend", in which England talks about his friends Brownie, Pixy and the Unicorn (England has been shown in a couple of episodes talking with his imaginary friends).
- In The Brady Bunch during one of the show's many Talent Show episodes, Marcia & her mother sing "Together" from Gypsy as a pair of hobos who stick together through thick and thin.
- Saved by the Bell: In a Behind The Music-like episode showing the formation, success, breakup, and reuniting of the gang's band Zack Attack, their big hit is called "Friends Forever."
We'll be friends forver
'til the end of time
- Anything Goes gives us "Friendship."
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.
When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.
- Wicked: Before Stephen Schwartz wrote the song "For Good", he asked his daughter what she would say to her best friend if she were saying goodbye to her forever. Her response became the first verse of the song.
- "Happy Together" by The Turtles (might count as a love song though).
- "You're My Best Friend" by Queen, which is used sometimes in TV show scenes over a montage of two friends doing things together.
- "I'll be There For You" by The Rembrandts, best known as the theme song for Friends.
- "With a Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles.
- "Ben" by Michael Jackson (an ode to his pet rat, who he considered his best friend).
Needs More Examples