That's Not New
The commercial said it was a new episode, but I've Seen It A Million Times!
Is This Tropeable? It's when the network advertises an old episode as new. This is false Advertising.
- Nickelodeon did this with the Sponge Bob episode Gary Takes A Bath.
- Cartoon Network did this with the Adventure Time episode Ricardio The Heart Guy.
- Disney Channel did this with The Suite Life on Deck. Egregious because the actual commercial explicitly described it as "all new" and "brand new." (I saw the commercial for it yesterday and my brother said that he had seen the episode before.)
- [adult swim] often says things like, "new to [adult swim]," or, "never before seen," for shows that previously aired on other channels, like King of the Hill or Family Guy.
- Danny Phantom did this all the time.
- Most 'exclusive' interviews.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.