- The title character in Angus wears a particularly hideous puce-colored one.
- Tom Hanks' character in Big has one of these (sequins galore!) in the party scene. He makes quite an entrance.
- Dumb and Dumber: Lloyd and Harry
- Barry Fife (Bill Hunter) wears something very like this in Strictly Ballroom.
- In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, poor Ron Weasley gets stuck wearing an old-fashioned maroon dress robe to the Yule Ball. It clashes horribly with his date's hot pink dress.
- Home Improvement: Al and Tim
- Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys skipped the Disco-ensemble and wore something even tackier to a wedding: a tee-shirt with a tuxedo design on the front. Then again, this is Trailer Park Boys.
- American Dad!: Steve's Friend Snot
- Angry Beavers: Daggett
- Batman Beyond: Willie Watt wears an orange version to the spring dance in the episode "Golem". Made worse by the fact that other episodes show that future formal fashions are even more streamlined than today's, meaning it was really, really out of date and it wasn't actually a formal occasion (the only guys are wearing pretty casual clothes).
- Ron Stoppable wears one of these in Kim Possible, saying he borrowed it from his dad.
- The Simpsons: Homer
- Harpo Marx, during a vacation on the French Riviera, constantly wore a tuxedo made out of green felt. He later learned that he'd become widely known as "that American in the pool-table tuxedo".
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable