Do We Have This One? Needs A Better Title What better way to demonstrate a Badass Driver's skill than by Improbable Parking Skills, especially with Parallel Parking. May involve sliding and screeching of tires. Not to be confused with Rockstar Parking, which is about it being easy to find a space.
Examples:Film - Animation
- In The Incredibles, Mr. Incredible first lands a falling van right on the highway, then proceeds to veer so sharply that it rolls over several times before stopping perfectly in a parking space.
- The Blues Brothers
- Ace Ventura 2: Li~ike a glove!
- Lt. Shane Wolf and Zoe Plummer from The Pacifier
- One of Jackie Chan's earlier films has him doing a hand-brake turn/park of a mini, sliding it into a space approximately 1 mini 4 extra cm.
- Starship Troopers: it was implied that Carmen Ibanez had to have Improbable Parking Skills to land her shuttle in the middle of a besieged Mobile Infantry outpost during a fierce battle. Of course, she had already been established as the Ace Pilot.
- In the first National Lampoon's Vacation movie, Clark falls asleep at the wheel, the car wanders onto an exit ramp, careens toward a hotel, and Clark wakes up in time to scream and stomp the brakes. The car stops in a parking spot, and the luggage all tumbles off the top of the car to boot.
- Due South: there is an episode where Ray puts his 1972 Buick Riviera into a controlled skid over a large field of ice to bring it sliding to a stop immediately next to Fraser and the guest star. Both of them gave him a mild What The Hell Hero, which he casually shrugged off.
- Inverted in the British road safety promo "The Saga of Reginald Molehusband", where the title character's parking skills are so awful they always draw a large crowd, until the day he finally gets it right. Unfortunately it only seems to exist now as an off-air audio recording.
- In the episode "Bubble Boys", Candace channels Elwood Blues to pull off a 90-degree Parallel Parking job with her right foot on the dashboard in her mother's temporarily-rocket-powered station wagon. It Makes Sense In Context.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable