Indexes: Just for Fun
, Sorting Algorithm of Tropes
, Bisexuality Tropes
The Kinsey scale, named for Alfred Kinsey, a bi
ologist, invented a seven-point-scale used to rate a person's orientation from 0, or completely heterosexual, to 6, or completely homosexual. This algorithm here shows where our many tropes relating to sexuality would fall on the scale.
- 0 - Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?, The Casanova and all associated womanizer tropes. (The distaff counterparts start about here, but are much more likely to be bi than the male versions.)
- 1 - If It's You, It's Okay, Even the Guys Want Him, Even the Girls Want Her, Stupid Sexy Flanders, Lead characters in a Slash Fic can be no lower than a 1.
- 2 - Many cases of Bi the Way, applying Ho Yay or Les Yay subtext to a character who is heterosexual in the show's maintext can do this as well
- 3 - Anything That Moves, Everyone Is Bi, Most Depraved Bisexuals,
- 4 - Bi the Way will probably be here if it is not at 2. The Vamp, Femme Fatale, and Good Bad Girl are typically no higher than a 4
- 5 - If It's You, It's Okay, and Stupid Sexy Flanders applied to a normally-gay character
- 6 - Queer as Tropes, Lead characters in a Slash Fic will be here if No Bisexuals is in effect.
Kinsey later added an 8th category: