I am still on the fence whether or not it's tropable. A fairly specific type of catchphrase, where the narrator uses a specific phrase at various points throughout the story. Always overlaps with Author Catchphrase if the narrator is an Author Avatar.
- Ciaphas Cain's "If only had I known what was waiting here, I would probably [insert cowardly or suicidal action]" and many others.
- Notably different from Author Catchphrases like "What is?", "frak", etc.
- Amberly has a a share of Editor Catchphrases, too.
- Lemony Snickett's "a word which here means"
- Alcatraz Series - The series is full of them. For example, every book begins with "There I was..."
- Powerpuff Girls:
- "The city of Townsville!"
- "Once again, the day is saved, thanks to... the Powerpuff Girls!"
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.