Groin Attack, which is where a character gets hit in his Primary Sexual Characteristic and goes down. Typical subversions of this trope include it turning out the attacked is wearing a codpiece or doesn't have genitalia where they are being hit (the latter is especially common in Speculative Fiction).
- In You Only Live Twice, a martial artist is hit in the testicles only for it to be revealed he had drawn them into his body.
- Moonraker. James Bond knees Jaws in the groin while fighting him in the space station. There's a "clang" sound when he does so, indicating that Jaws has Balls Of Steel just like his teeth.
- In a subversion, in Black Lagoon Rotton the Wizard survived a groin attacked by Roberta due to groin protection.
- In Kung Pow Enter The Fist, this is one of Master Pain's / Betty's powers.
- In Men In Black 2, K is trying to fight off an alien with little success until J points out that particular alien is impervious to groin attacks.
- In an episode of The A Team, a bad guy slams his rifle into BA's crotch with no effect.
- In a Robot Chicken short entitled "Ode to the Nut-shot" we see two instances of this, one straight one played with; in one case, a lumberjack repeatedly punches himself in the nuts to no effect, and in another, one robot kicks another in the groin, at which the victim simply stands there and shrugs.
- Pai Mei from Kill Bill Volume 2 has these, as the Bride finds out the hard way during her battle with him.
- [[Tekken Tekken Tag Tournament]] featured a number of special intros/outros from combining certain pairs of fighters on your team. Several outros involving Nina Williams features her delivering her signature Groin Attack to her partner, causing him to crumble to the ground. If you pair her with Bryan Fury, however, she'll deliver the groin attack - only for him to laugh at it and do one of his taunts in response.
- In the Secret Six comics, Ragdoll is at one point the victim of a Groin Attack, but he simply takes it and replies, "I had those removed for getting in the way." Catman compliments him on how devoted he is to being a freak.
- Painfully subverted in The Oblongs, where Mayor Bledsoe, whilst doing a number of macho exercises, dares Mr. Klimer to hit him in the testicles with his golf club. Once the blow is made, he stands perfectly still before saying, in an even voice, "That hurts more then I thought it would."
- In Mirrors Edge, a slide kick in the groin is a very effective method of dispatching armed enemies (disabling them for just enough time for a disarm)... except the heavy troopers who explicitly wear groin protection with their armor and therefore only receive normal damage from such kicks. Also, the groin kicks don't work on the Parkour Killer, an early indication that it's a girl.
- In Alien Nation Sykes groin-kicks an alien, who laughs it off. Later, George tells him that he'll get the result he was looking for by hitting an alien in the side of the torso. Sykes tries this out later, and it proves as effective as a groin shot.
- In The Jerk, the protagonist makes the mistake of kicking the crotch of "Iron Balls" McGinty.
- Played with in the [[Discworld Discworld]] novel [[Discworld Monstrous Regiment]] - our heroine is bitten in the crotch by a horse when disguised as a man, and only the horrified reaction of a male onlooker makes her realise she should be bent double in agony.
- Played with in Shes The Man. Viola gets hit in the crotch with a soccer ball and belatedly remembers to cry in agony, making it momentarily appear that she he has balls of steel.
- Least I Could Do has this. CRACK! "The Emperor protects his soldiers." "Where once I had a knee, I now have thousands of tiny floating bones."
- Occurs in one of the flashback chapters of Bleach when recently appointed Captain Kisuke Urahara is kicked by then-lieutenant Hiyori Sarugaki with seemingly no effect. After she stormed out the barracks though, Hiyori was clutching at her foot asking herself "What are they made of, brass?!"
- In the Black Canary/Green Arrow wedding issue Canary manages to land a kick on Deathstroke, but this trope is used as he angrily says that he's wearing over 50 pounds of body armor, so of course he's wearing a cup.
- In professional wrestling, Chyna used the low blow continually. It never seemed to get her disqualified. This trope was used once when she was wrestling Road Dogg and he wore a cup.
- Used in Series 3, Episode 7 of Primeval where Danny tricks a knight with the old Look Up routine, only to discover out his groin is armour protected.
- Used in the Farscape episode "Hot to Katratzi", where Chiana confronts a Scarran who had captured her earlier. After verifying his identity, she asks him if Scarrans have mivonks, and abruptly knees him in the groin before he has a chance to respond. As she lies on the floor clutching her knee in pain, the Scarran informs her that they do have them, but they're not external.
- Truth in television. Shaolin monks often perfect the method of drawing their testicles inside their bodies to prevent Groin Attacks. Picture◊.
- And a video for those curious few.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable