Created By: Monolaf317 on February 11, 2018 Last Edited By: TheGreatConversation on February 20, 2018
It's one way to title your story. It could sometimes be laziness, or perhaps two words together in a single title makes it sound more mysterious. It could also mean there are two of that specific word in the story, which could be plot-significant. It may also bring a well-known phrase to mind (eg. "Win-win" or "Liar, liar, pants on fire"). In more fantastic works, it could also have some spell-like connotations (eg. "Double double, toil and trouble", "Mirror, mirror, on the wall"). Compare Repetitive Name.
ExamplesAnime and Manga Fanfiction
- The adult The Most Popular Girls in School fanfic "Mirror, Mirror".
- Europa Europa
- Knock Knock (2015)
- Liar Liar
- Mirror, Mirror
- Runner Runner
- The 1973 split-screen horror film Wicked, Wicked.
- Win Win
- The 1970 short story "Button, Button" by Richard Matheson, which inspired The Box.
- Hush, Hush
- The chapter "Tiger, Tiger!" from The Jungle Book.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson
- Xanth: The fifth book is titled "Ogre, Ogre".
- Everything, Everything
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.