History YMMV / AnimalCrossing

23rd May '17 7:49:26 PM PDL
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* DemonicSpiders: Tarantulas and scorpions. If they get you, they'll knock you out and force you back to your house, so they're tough to catch.

to:

* DemonicSpiders: DemonicSpiders:
**
Tarantulas and scorpions. If they get you, they'll knock you out and force you back to your house, so they're tough to catch. catch.
** Tarantulas and scorpions are actual enemies in the Desert Island Escape mini-game. They are also joined by the snakes and their cousins the toxic snakes, Which can poison your character.



*** Similarly, there are bears and cubs. While cats are great at fishing, the bears and cubs are excellent at obtaining honey. They automatically detect any nearby honey and that also counts as a free movement. Without a net, they have a 75% chance of getting honey (the last 25% percent results in getting stung), but with one, it becomes guarantee of honey (effectively turning a hazard into a food source). It also helps that they're also good fighters just in case you wander into a space with an enemy.
*** Dogs and Chickens are extremely useful in detecting items, food and even raft parts, which takes the guesswork out of which spaces have what.

to:

*** Similarly, there are bears and cubs. While cats are great at fishing, the bears and cubs are excellent at obtaining honey. They automatically detect any nearby honey and that also counts as a free movement. Without a net, they have a 75% chance of getting honey (the last 25% percent results in getting stung), but with one, it becomes guarantee of honey all risk is eliminated (effectively turning a hazard into a food source). It also helps that they're also good fighters just in case you wander into a space with an enemy.
*** Dogs and Chickens chickens are extremely useful in detecting items, food and even raft parts, which takes the guesswork out of which spaces have what.


Added DiffLines:

*** The Swimmer ability (possessed by penguins and frogs). While they only move 3 spaces on land, it is doubled to 6 in water and provides great shortcuts to areas that are blocked by hazards or obstacles.
*** The Hunter ability turns defeated enemies into medicine and food. With a few wins, you won't have to worry about dangers like toxic snakes or scorpions. Especially if you have a slingshot.
23rd May '17 9:32:04 AM PDL
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Cats in the Desert Island Escape minigame. They have a fantastic 4 movement and a respectable 2 hunger, but what really makes them this is their ability. Cats automatically move to a tile that has fish when they're next to them, and have a 50% chance of catching some if you don't have a fishing rod. If you ''do'' have a fishing rod, you will always get at least two fish, up to a maximum of seven! No other character can catch fish without a rod, and even then, they have the same chances of catching something as a cat does bare-pawed. For bonus points, cats moving to a fish tile doesn't cost any movement!

to:

** Cats in the Desert ''Desert Island Escape minigame.Escape'': Some animals have some extremely useful abilities which is very helpful in gaining high scores.
*** Cats.
They have a fantastic 4 movement and a respectable 2 hunger, but what really makes them this is their ability. Cats automatically move to a tile that has fish when they're next to them, and have a 50% chance of catching some if you don't have a fishing rod. If you ''do'' have a fishing rod, you will always get at least two fish, up to a maximum of seven! No other character can catch fish without a rod, and even then, they have the same chances of catching something as a cat does bare-pawed. For bonus points, cats moving to a fish tile doesn't cost any movement!movement!
*** Similarly, there are bears and cubs. While cats are great at fishing, the bears and cubs are excellent at obtaining honey. They automatically detect any nearby honey and that also counts as a free movement. Without a net, they have a 75% chance of getting honey (the last 25% percent results in getting stung), but with one, it becomes guarantee of honey (effectively turning a hazard into a food source). It also helps that they're also good fighters just in case you wander into a space with an enemy.
*** Dogs and Chickens are extremely useful in detecting items, food and even raft parts, which takes the guesswork out of which spaces have what.
*** Animals with the Hearty Traveler ability (mainly horses and ostriches) can move a whooping 6 spaces at a time, and they only cost 1 hunger. The biggest drawback is that they can't clear fog (which means they can blunder into a bad space easily). This can be mitigated by heading to a platform.
*** Animals (mainly birds) with the Flight ability can bypass obstacles like mountains and lakes with ease. While the movement says its only 2, they cover as much ground as a character with 6 movement.
6th May '17 6:30:53 PM Segal991
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* JerkassWoobie:
** Resetti just can't catch a break. His job is incredibly stressful and has negative effects on his life and health, he gets genuinely upset and angry when your player doesn't listen to his advice, which he gives [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold because he cares]], and in ''New Leaf'' the Reset Surveillance Center closes, putting him out of a job, which he is very distraught about. Is it any wonder why he's so grouchy all the time?
** Phyllis. She may come off as a {{Jerkass}} with some of her scathing comments made to the player character. However, you can't help but feel sorry for her when villagers in Wild World say that they saw her crying from dealing with the failed relationship with Pete and her sister, Pelly.



* MemeticMolester:
** Kapp'n in the early games, due to his flirting with female players who are presumably kids.
** Smug villagers, because of the fact that they hit on female villagers.



** Katie isn't very well liked due to her annoying sidequest, which requires you to head to another person's town. Her crybaby personality, slow walking speed, and high frequency of showing up make her case worse.

to:

** Katie isn't very well liked due to her annoying sidequest, which requires you to head to another person's town. Her [[FragileFlower crybaby personality, personality]], slow walking speed, and high frequency of showing up make her case worse.



** [[JerkassWoobie Mr. Resetti]] just can't catch a break. His job is incredibly stressful and has negative effects on his life and health, he gets genuinely upset and angry when your player doesn't listen to his advice, which he gives [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold because he cares]], and in ''New Leaf'' the Reset Surveillance Center closes, putting him out of a job, which he is very distraught about. Is it any wonder why he's so grouchy all the time?
** Another JerkassWoobie would be Phyllis. She may come off as a {{Jerkass}} with some of her scathing comments made to the player character. However, you can't help but feel sorry for her when villagers in Wild World say that they saw her crying from dealing with the failed relationship with Pete and her sister, Pelly.
2nd May '17 9:29:57 AM PDL
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Some of the more popular normal villagers include Fauna (deer), Marina (the only female octopus), Merengue (rhino whose head resembles a strawberry shortcake), Maple (bear cub), Molly (duck), Flurry (hamster), Goldie (dog), Poppy (squirrel), Skye (wolf with the same colors as the sky), Tia (elephant that resembles a teapot), Coco (rabbit whose head resembles a Gyroid), and Kiki and Lolly (cats).

to:

** Some of the more popular normal villagers include Fauna (deer), Marina (the only female octopus), Merengue (rhino whose head resembles a strawberry shortcake), Maple (bear cub), Molly (duck), Flurry (hamster), Goldie (dog), and Daisy (dogs), Poppy (squirrel), Skye (wolf with the same colors as the sky), Tia (elephant and Margie (the former is an elephant that resembles a teapot), teapot and the later had a role in the Animal Crossing movie.), Coco (rabbit whose head resembles a Gyroid), and Kiki Kiki, Mitzi and Lolly (cats).
29th Apr '17 4:10:14 PM Gravityman
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Of the villager species available, gorilla villagers tend to be the least liked due to them looking very unappealing. No one is particularly thrilled if a kangaroo, hippo, mouse, chicken, duck, or pig villager moves in either.
22nd Apr '17 5:45:38 AM Josef5678
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** ''Animal Crossing'' is one of Nintendo's most popular IP's with furries (Along with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' and ''VideoGame/StarFox''). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.

to:

** ''Animal Crossing'' is one of Nintendo's most popular IP's [=IPs=] with furries (Along with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' and ''VideoGame/StarFox''). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.
21st Apr '17 12:27:52 PM TurtleTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** ''Animal Crossing'' is one of Nintendo's most popular IP with furries (Along with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' and ''VideoGame/StarFox''). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.

to:

** ''Animal Crossing'' is one of Nintendo's most popular IP IP's with furries (Along with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' and ''VideoGame/StarFox''). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.
19th Apr '17 7:30:09 AM TurtleTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** ''Animal Crossing'' is probably Nintendo's second most popular IP with furries (with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' being number one). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.

to:

** ''Animal Crossing'' is probably one of Nintendo's second most popular IP with furries (with (Along with ''Franchise/{{Pokemon}}'' being number one).and ''VideoGame/StarFox''). It's full of cute FunnyAnimal characters after all.
18th Apr '17 12:31:58 PM TurtleTropes
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Some villagers fall into this due to their species only wearing what seems to be dresses. (They are actually shirts, it's just that they're apparently too long for their bodies.)

to:

** Some villagers fall into this due to their species only wearing what seems to be dresses. (They are actually shirts, it's just that they're apparently too long for their bodies.) New Leaf would later make the shirts on several species look more like shirts than dresses)



** Bob's default outfit is a feminine-looking flower shirt and it can look more like a dress on him than a shirt.

to:

** Bob's default outfit is a feminine-looking flower shirt and it can look more like a dress on him than a shirt.shirt (The latter is averted in New Leaf, though, where it looks more like a shirt now).
9th Apr '17 1:09:53 PM Aruu
Is there an issue? Send a Message


** Ocean Sunfish can be this when hunting for sharks. They have a fin shadow like the other sharks, but they're only worth a measly ''4,000'' in comparison to the other sharks, which range from 8,000 to 15,000.

to:

** Ocean Sunfish can be this when hunting for sharks. They have a fin shadow like the other sharks, but they're only worth a measly ''4,000'' bells in comparison to the other sharks, which range from 8,000 to 15,000.
This list shows the last 10 events of 635. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=YMMV.AnimalCrossing