History VideoGame / SeekAndDestroy2002

28th Aug '16 11:47:50 AM Morgenthaler
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* DiskOneNuke: [[BritsWithBattleShips The Challenger]] is unlockable in the third town. It just happens to be the second-best armoured tank in the game (the German [[NazisWithGnarlyWeapons Maus]] (unlocked at the endgame) being number one), and it has a large amount of carry weight meaning that it can be upgraded with sufficient weaponry and armour to make the game something of a cakewalk...

to:

* DiskOneNuke: [[BritsWithBattleShips [[UsefulNotes/BritsWithBattleShips The Challenger]] is unlockable in the third town. It just happens to be the second-best armoured tank in the game (the German [[NazisWithGnarlyWeapons [[UsefulNotes/NazisWithGnarlyWeapons Maus]] (unlocked at the endgame) being number one), and it has a large amount of carry weight meaning that it can be upgraded with sufficient weaponry and armour to make the game something of a cakewalk...
10th Jul '16 12:17:49 PM Morgenthaler
Is there an issue? Send a Message


This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] UsefulNotes/{{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames, or the Music/{{Metallica}} song.

to:

This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy [[VideoGame/SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] UsefulNotes/{{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames, or the Music/{{Metallica}} song.



* WidgetSeries: Well, yeah.

to:

* WidgetSeries: Well, yeah.
yeah.
22nd Oct '15 3:44:27 PM BlackArmorTails
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* AwesomeYetPractical: The [[SniperRifle Long Shot]], which can out range enemies and deal massive damage. Combined with the high reload internal device, and you can kill enemy tanks pretty fast. The [[WaveMotionGun Positron]] also counts in that it deals one hit kills, goes through terrain ''and'' multiple enemies.


Added DiffLines:

* SimpleYetAwesome: The [[SniperRifle Long Shot]], which is just another typical tank shot, but with incredible range and damage.
6th Oct '14 11:36:23 AM rexpensive
Is there an issue? Send a Message


This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] {{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames, or the Music/{{Metallica}} song.

to:

This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] {{Amiga}} UsefulNotes/{{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames, or the Music/{{Metallica}} song.
1st Oct '14 7:33:45 AM Willbyr
Is there an issue? Send a Message


This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] {{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames. Or the {{Metallica}} song.

to:

This should not be confused with [[SeekAndDestroy the 1996 MS-DOS and]] {{Amiga}} ShootEmUp by EpicGames. Or EpicGames, or the {{Metallica}} Music/{{Metallica}} song.
27th Feb '14 11:42:32 AM BlackArmorTails
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

* AwesomeYetPractical: The [[SniperRifle Long Shot]], which can out range enemies and deal massive damage. Combined with the high reload internal device, and you can kill enemy tanks pretty fast. The [[WaveMotionGun Positron]] also counts in that it deals one hit kills, goes through terrain ''and'' multiple enemies.


Added DiffLines:

* BoringButPractical: Weapons like the missile launchers, which are just plain missile launchers but can do damage to tanks and anything that flies.


Added DiffLines:

* DifficultButAwesome: The Graviton gun. It has a 30% chance to do 300 points of damage, but the other 70% just goes through enemies. It is, however, one of the few powerful weapons that doesn't require you to stay in one place, unlike the Long Shot or the Positron.


Added DiffLines:

* LethalJokeItem: The Grand Flag. [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin It's a flag that is mounted on the back of your tank.]] It's also a flag that provides a slight buff in defense and ''decreases'' the weight of your tank.
24th May '13 2:19:08 PM fattoler
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* DiskOneNuke: [[BritsWithBattleShips The Challenger]] is unlockable in the third town. It just happens to be the second-best armoured tank in the game (the German [[NazisWithGnarlyWeapons Maus]] (unlocked at the endgame) being number one), it also has a large amount of carry weight meaning that it can be upgraded with sufficient weaponry and armour to make the game something of a cakewalk...

to:

* DiskOneNuke: [[BritsWithBattleShips The Challenger]] is unlockable in the third town. It just happens to be the second-best armoured tank in the game (the German [[NazisWithGnarlyWeapons Maus]] (unlocked at the endgame) being number one), and it also has a large amount of carry weight meaning that it can be upgraded with sufficient weaponry and armour to make the game something of a cakewalk...
28th Dec '12 4:44:53 PM lotionsandbaskets
Is there an issue? Send a Message

Added DiffLines:

*MacroZone: One of the expert arena minigames take place in a gold fish bowl, with toy boats as obstacles.
28th Dec '12 4:35:41 PM lotionsandbaskets
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* DieselPunk: While the tanks themselves are based on real world tanks from WorldWar2 and onward, and there are futuristic bosses, the towns seem like they're stuck in the 40s.



** However, some of the real-life allies; the French tanks and modern Japanese tanks are sided with the Q-stein.



* TheWoobie: Jevons. When you first meet him, he and his squad are getting their butts kicked by the Q-Stein, and are about to make a final stand when the calvary shows up. And, as mentioned above, he is rather clumsy, and often runs into things.

to:

* TheWoobie: Jevons. When you first meet him, he and his squad are getting their butts kicked by the Q-Stein, and are about to make a final stand when the calvary shows up. And, as mentioned above, he is rather clumsy, and often runs into things.
14th Dec '12 9:52:12 AM lu127
Is there an issue? Send a Message


Gameplay consists of tank-sim esque combat with fairly loose physics, with an effect not unlike VideoGame/{{Battlezone|1998}}. Missions are selected from a WorldMap and consist mostly of [[MultiMookMelee pitched battles against armies]] of Q-Stein {{Mooks}}, as well as impressively sized and dangerous [[BossFight bosses.]] There are some RPGElements in the form of [[CharacterCustomization looting and equipping new and better tank parts,]] as well as exploring HubLevel towns and talking to various {{NPC}}s. There's a few [[MiniGame mini games,]] including a GladiatorSubquest.

to:

Gameplay consists of tank-sim esque combat with fairly loose physics, with an effect not unlike VideoGame/{{Battlezone|1998}}. Missions are selected from a WorldMap world map and consist mostly of [[MultiMookMelee pitched battles against armies]] of Q-Stein {{Mooks}}, as well as impressively sized and dangerous [[BossFight bosses.]] There are some RPGElements in the form of [[CharacterCustomization looting and equipping new and better tank parts,]] as well as exploring HubLevel towns and talking to various {{NPC}}s. There's a few [[MiniGame mini games,]] including a GladiatorSubquest.
This list shows the last 10 events of 35. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=VideoGame.SeekAndDestroy2002