Specific things I've done (In other words, Achievements):
- Launched trope Breaking Old Trends
- Made the Self Demonstrating page for Epic Fail: SelfDemonstrating.Epic Fail
- Made the pages for these video games (In creation order):
- Made the YMMV page for these works (In creation order):
- Made the Polish article Glowny Indeks Motywow to make finding Polish names of tropes easier.
- Made the Sandbox page Pages in Accidentally Miscapitalised Namespaces to help with pages with accidentally miscapitalised namespaces. Due to length issues, it was eventually split into two halves.
- Translated these articles to Polish (In creation order):
- ComicBook.Kajko I Kokosz to PlKomiks.Kajko I Kokosz
- YMMV.Kajko I Kokosz to PlSubiektywnyOdbior.Kajko I Kokosz
- ComicBook.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlKomiks.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- Trivia.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlCiekawostki.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- YMMV.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlSubiektywnyOdbior.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- This Troper to Pl.Ten Troper
- Laconic.This Troper to PlLakoniczny.Ten Troper
- Helped with picking the image for: The Stoner (The image isn't mine, but it's a quality increased version for my image, and I started the thread here)
- Cut 400+ Main redirects
- Cut 20+ pages in accidentally miscapitalised namespaces
- Been a troper for 1/4 of a year
Personal notes for myself, based on my past mistakes (Can be used as advice for yourself, too):
- You don't have to use "Hello, X here" opening your every post.
- If you're reporting a problematic troper, mention their name.
- Tell the official policy, not your recommendation.
- Try to go with the consensus, don't break it all of a sudden.
- Do not ask for edits on other tropers' pages, even if it's for typos, old indexing or namespacing.
Tropes that apply to me:
- Clueless Contributor: Downplayed. I know all the formatting and most of the main wiki policies, so it's not an issue on the pages, but my forum posts, especially on Image Pickin' tend to be stupid.
- Grammar Nazi: More of a Namespace Nazi, though typos are also very annoying for me.
- Ninja Editor: Has anyone seen a post made by me that wasn't edited at least once?
- Single-Issue Wonk: Zig Zagged Trope. It's tough for me to focus on one Wiki thing at a time, but when I do, I put a lot of attention into it.
- Troper Types: I'm probably the Eclectic Troper.
A page on Gladys Chucklebutty that I wanted to make, but I gave up. May try again someday.
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Let's hear you scream for... Gladys Chucklebutty!"Gladys Chucklebutty is a farmer, magician and children entertainer from Scotland. Born 24th March 1973, started her job in 1996. She's part of Blackpool Magicians Club. While her looks are somewhat manly, she's definitely a woman. Her true name is Donna Collins, since her Facebook profile is called "Donna Collins (Gladys Chucklebutty)". Links to her website, Twitter, both Facebook profiles and both YouTube channels.
Gladys Chucklebutty provides examples of:
- For Happiness: "i LOVE IT WHEN i MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY :-D"
- Girls Love Chocolate: On her fave food list, CHOCOLATE is written twice.
- Stage Magician: Suprisingly enough, she averts the stereotype part of this.
- Telepathy: The Gladys Chucklebutty Magic Mind Reading act involves this.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: She learned how to use a tractor when she was 5 years old, and a Combine Harvester when she was 7.
Possible index: Entertainers Possible redirect: Donna Collins Score card for Gladys Chucklebutty. 1 means needs huge improvement, 10 means near perfect. Put how you rate it here:
- Description: 5/10, needs some improvement.
- Tropes: 2/10, most aren't about her stage persona.
- Image and quote: 8/10, should be okay.
- Conciseness: 8/10, it's far from a Wall of Text.
- Not being too much about RL: 1/10, it's a huge issue.
- Example context: 1/10, way less Zero Context Examples needed.
- Lack of complaining: 10/10, no complaining at all.
- Lack of gushing: 8/10, a little less may be necessary.
- Grammar: 9/10, seems very good.
- Humor: 2/10, Piter is too serious.
- Total: 56/100, it's still in progress.
- Less than 35: Page gets deleted.
- 36-64: Page stays here for some more time and improvement.
- 65-69: Page gets created in two weeks.
- 70-74: Page gets created in a week.
- 75+: Page gets created ASAP.
The Pyst song lyrics:I'm sick of livin' in my livin' room,
I just can't see the shitty clue!
(Doo doo doo) I am pyst!
(Doo doo doo doo) Man, I just can't change my ugly mood,
Yes, I am one unhappy dude!
I'm pyst! (He's unhappy, so unhappy)
I could turn on my big TV,
But no one on there looks like me!
Makes me pyst! (Doo doo doo)
I change the channel, switch the switch,
Get the same old stupid bitch! (Change the channel, change the channel)
Man, I'm pyst!
A bunch of ugly superstars
Tryin' to sell me shoes and cars! (Cars and shoes, that's bad news)
Whoa, I'm pyst!
Maybe my ill mood would improve
If I put Egyptian food in a tube!
Like they say, just do it!
I could go bowling but I lost my ball,
I could hunt pigeons but I got 'em all!
I could go fishing with that other guy
But the only thing that bites
Is mosquitos and flies!
I could go to friends at work
But the boss is such a total jerk!
It gets me pyst! (Total jerk)
I'm changing tires, pumping gas
Which I've got in gobbling class!
Oh, pyst! (Gobbling class)
But every day I punch the clock
And still I'm hearing really hot!
Man, I'm pyyyst... (And he's pyst)
From 9 to 5, I bust my butt
Work like a slave and all for what?
I'm super pyst!
Is there some way I could change my luck?
I saw some aliens in my pickup truck!
Right now, my elders, are drinking champagne
Maybe I could have chocolate everyday!
Yeah... Now, hold on!
It may not be that bad...
Maybe it's my attitude about being too negative
Bumming myself out...
After all, I do have six channels on TV every which way
I have a room full of my medals
I know what to do if it rains
I have an athlete's body
But I still have athlete's foot
And I have a girlfriend who appreciates me
For who I am
I feel so relifted
I'm gonna take me a little nap
Hey, ya honey!
Get your robot off that beast dog
Clean em' before they walk away
This is supposed to be my castle
And all I get is pain and hassle!
(I'm so pyst) I'm pyst! (It's his castle)
You may really be the king
But I'm the queen so dig this thing!
Now I'm pyst! (Dig it dig it dig it dig it dig it dig it)
But I am old, get on my case
I only know one in my face
I'm pyst and I've got a right!
Yeah, I've got a left!
So wake up, smell the coffee time,
Go to work or you're history, piston!
But maybe I'm lifeless and you'll help, will ya?
And you'll be hootsin' tootsin' alone, big guy!
But I could be there and go from distant lands?
So go away!
This TV is nothing but trouble!
Lemme help with that!
Ugh, this is fun!
Yeah, go to the kitchen and make me ham, baby!