Hello, this is Piterpicher. After a year of lurking (or possibly more? I still remember the previous update), I've joined this site on May 2017. And yes, I became addicted to it like everyone else. I'm also translating this site to Polish. Translating work pages is my current goal, and then I'll discuss Polish trope names. Best Polish trope names (In my opinion) should be simple, clear, and not too infantile. I gave up though... at least for now. May come back to it. ❗ High priority goal for now: Launching new indexes to shorten The New '10s and related pages. If you're wondering how to pronounce my nickname, I generally say it like Peter-Pitcher... But I guess Peter-Picker isn't really wrong, either. Also, I can't wait for Nintendo Switch to get an internet browser, for mobile editing. My phone is cool, but can't edit. The Switch should be stronger and more helpful. I'm starting to think I'm putting these paragraphs in wrong order...
Trope Launch Pad proposals needing help:
- Pinball Of The 2010s: Needs hats, would appreciate examples.
- Films Of 2010-2014: Needs hats. RIGHT NOW!
- Films Of 2015-2019: Needs hats. RIGHT NOW!
Pantheon writeup:Willy on Wheels, God of Wiki Vandalism (The Willy on Wheels, WoW, John Kerry's Willy on Wheels!, Christmas Willy on Wheels, Willy (on) Wheels, Willy (On Wheels), Willy (now with 10% more wheels!), Willy & Wheels, Willy & wheels, Wheely on Wills, Wheely on wheels!, On wheels?, On wheels!, On wheels on wheels! On Wheels On Wheels! ON WHEELS ON WHEELS!, Willy on 2008 wheels, Willy on Bloody Wheels, Willy on 23245234 Wheels, Willy on weals, Willy on wheeIs is a good guy, Willy on wheels is gay, Willy on wheelzez, Willy on whieels, Willy on red Wheels, Willy on blue Wheels, Willy on bronze wheels, Willy on volkswagen wheels, Willy on gold wheels, Willy on green Wheels, Willy on great balls of wax, Willy on pink wheels, Willy on opel wheels, Willy on orange wheels, Willy on ferrari wheels, Willy on ford wheels, Willy on four Wheels, Willy atop wheels, Willy attatched to wheels, Willy on whoeeIs, Willy of Wheels, Willy on wheels on wheels on wheels on wheels on wheels, Willey on Wheels, Willey on wheals, WillyOnWheelz67, Wilyonwhe3ls, Willys on das wheels, Willey On SuperWheels, Wiley on Wiles, W1lly 0n Wh3311s, W1llyonwh33ls, Willi on Weels WoW DID create userboxes. That's why they cause so much trouble!, Willy on wheels (here to apologize, please do not block))
- Votes: None
- House: Crime
- Symbol: The Willy on Wheels, an old-fashioned car
- Character Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Cool Car, Determinator, I Have Many Names, Sock Puppet, Troll
- Allies: Other vandals, GUAE Trollkaiger
- Enemies: Wikipe-tan, Wikipedia admins (including Jimbo Wales)
- The legendary Wikipedia vandal who joined in August 20, 2004. His first vandalism was replacing page content with "Pagename has been vandalised by the Willy on Wheels". Later, with different accounts, started to move lots of pages to "Pagename on Wheels!". Some of his more risque trolling involved posting pictures of penises.
- Uses Mozilla Firefox and a 64-bit machine, later upgraded to a Mac Mini. Tabbed browsing also helped him a lot.
- His vandalism record before being blocked is 175 pages. He wanted to reach 500, and even created a "Willy's 500" event! The winner would apparently have won a wind-up Willy on Wheels.
- And if you though he was limited to the English Wikipedia, think again. He attacked the German Wikipedia on 18th December 2004, the French Wikipedia on 5th January 2005, and the Polish Wikipedia on 19th January of the same year.
- Luckily, he left TV Tropes untouched.
- A document by himself, on himself, can be found here.
Specific things I've done (in other words, Achievements):
- Launched tropes (in creation order):
- Launched indexes (in creation order):
- Made the Analysis page for: Wiki Vandal
- Made 3 Laconic pages (Since Laconics are so easy to create, listing them all would get out of hand)
- Made the Playing With page for: Breaking Old Trends
- Made the Quotes page for these works (in creation order):
- Made the Self Demonstrating pages for: Epic Fail
- Made the Sliding Scale page for: People Sit on Chairs
- Made a page for this advertisement: Big Bill Hell's (Fuck You Baltimore is used as a redirect)
- Made a page for this creator: Satire Games
- Made a page for this fanfic: Caillou Finds A Dildo
- Made a page for this piece of literature: Asiunia
- Made the pages for these mangas (in creation order):
- Made the pages for these video games (in creation order):
- Psycho Killer
- Kids On Site
- Taboo The Sixth Sense
- Geekwad Series which covers two games: Wacky Funsters A Geekwads Guide To Gaming and The Geekwad Games Of The Galaxy. The latter two pages are redirects.
- The Hunt for Red October, the NES, SNES and Game Boy game. I know a DOS version exists, might expand the page to include it if I feel like it.
- Fast Eddie, not to be confused with the retired founder.
- Arkandian Legends which covers three chapters: Crusade, Revenant and Explorer. Sadly, a fourth chapter's never happening, the creator's on hiatus since 2015.
- Brawlin' Sailor
- We Become What We Behold
- Adventure Fun-Pak
- Donkey Kong 5 The Journey Of Over Time And Space
- World Idle
- Billy's Big Adventure
- Death Row
- Press X To Jason
- Lost In Vegas
- The Visit
- Rubber Dinghy
- Out to Lunch!
- Day Dreamin' Davey
- Idle Bouncer
- Super Duper Flying Genocide 2017
- Scream Collector
- Made a page for this visual novel: Man Enough
- Made pages for these websites (in creation order):
- Made the pages for these web video creators (in creation order):
- Made a page for this western animation: The Adventures Of Paddy The Pelican
- Made the WMG page for Five Nights At Freddy's 6
- Made the YMMV pages (in creation order):
- Made a page for people who will never get pages: People
- Made a Sugar Wiki version for The Advertisement Server, for a new spin in Ad of Win, and Draco in Leather Pants'ing someone's who's treated like this wiki's villain.
- Made the Just for Fun page: The Virgin Wikipedia Versus The Chad TV Tropes
- Made the Polish article Glowny Indeks Motywow to make finding Polish names of tropes easier. It's not quite finished, though.
- Made the Sandbox page Pages in Accidentally Miscapitalised Namespaces to help with pages with accidentally miscapitalised namespaces. Due to length issues, it was eventually split into two halves.
- Made the Useful Notes article Back Pain And How To Prevent It to help tropers who use PCs.
- Translated these articles to Polish (in creation order):
- ComicBook.Kajko I Kokosz to PlKomiks.Kajko I Kokosz
- YMMV.Kajko I Kokosz to PlSubiektywnyOdbior.Kajko I Kokosz
- ComicBook.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlKomiks.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- Trivia.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlCiekawostki.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- YMMV.Tytus Romek I Atomek to PlSubiektywnyOdbior.Tytus Romek I Atomek
- This Troper to Pl.Ten Troper
- Laconic.This Troper to PlLakoniczny.Ten Troper
- Helped with picking the image for (Which means I've suggested the image, started the thread or done other significant stuff. Just voting isn't enough.):
- Cut 700+ Main redirects
- Started a thread for discussion of: The Hunt For Red October
- Gave the 5000th inbound to Gaming in the Clinton Years
- Been a troper for 1/3 of a year
Old avatars of mine. You can use them, if you want to.The Man With No Name from The Town With No Name Willy Beamish from The Adventures of Willy Beamish Monodam from New Dangan Ronpa V3 Rocky Balboa from the Intellivision Rocky game A poor Miiverse drawing of Sans from Undertale
Personal notes for myself, based on my past mistakes (Can be used as advice for yourself, too):
- You don't have to use "Hello, X here" opening your every post.
- If you're reporting a problematic troper, mention their name.
- Tell the official policy, not your recommendation.
- Try to go with the consensus, don't break it all of a sudden.
- Do not ask for edits on other tropers' pages, even if it's for typos, old indexing or namespacing.
- Don't use The Wiki That Shall Not Be Named as a source of information.
- If you're trying to defend a bad page's existance, the "It's pointless, but it won't harm anybody" argument won't achieve much.
Tropes that apply to me:
- Grammar Nazi: More of a Namespace Nazi, though typos are also very annoying for me.
- Ninja Editor: Has anyone seen a post made by me that wasn't edited at least once?
- Single-Issue Wonk: Zig Zagged Trope. It's tough for me to focus on one Wiki thing at a time, but when I do, I put a lot of attention into it.
- Troper Types: I'm probably the Eclectic Troper.
A page on Gladys Chucklebutty that I wanted to make, but I gave up. May try again someday.
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Let's hear you scream for... Gladys Chucklebutty!"Gladys Chucklebutty is a farmer, magician and children entertainer from Scotland. Born 24th March 1973, started her job in 1996. She's part of Blackpool Magicians Club. While her looks are somewhat manly, she's definitely a woman. Her true name is Donna Collins, since her Facebook profile is called "Donna Collins (Gladys Chucklebutty)". Links to her website, Twitter, both Facebook profiles and both YouTube channels.
Gladys Chucklebutty provides examples of:
- For Happiness: "i LOVE IT WHEN i MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY :-D"
- Girls Love Chocolate: On her fave food list, CHOCOLATE is written twice.
- Stage Magician: Suprisingly enough, she averts the stereotype part of this.
- Telepathy: The Gladys Chucklebutty Magic Mind Reading act involves this.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: She learned how to use a tractor when she was 5 years old, and a Combine Harvester when she was 7.
Possible index: Entertainers Possible redirect: Donna Collins Score card for Gladys Chucklebutty. 1 means needs huge improvement, 10 means near perfect. Put how you rate it here:
- Description: 5/10, needs some improvement.
- Tropes: 2/10, most aren't about her stage persona.
- Image and quote: 8/10, should be okay.
- Conciseness: 8/10, it's far from a Wall of Text.
- Not being too much about RL: 1/10, it's a huge issue.
- Example context: 1/10, way less Zero Context Examples needed.
- Lack of complaining: 10/10, no complaining at all.
- Lack of gushing: 8/10, a little less may be necessary.
- Grammar: 9/10, seems very good.
- Humor: 2/10, Piter is too serious.
- Total: 56/100, it's still in progress.
- Less than 35: Page gets deleted.
- 36-64: Page stays here for some more time and improvement.
- 65-69: Page gets created in two weeks.
- 70-74: Page gets created in a week.
- 75+: Page gets created ASAP.
The Pyst song lyrics:I'm sick of livin' in my livin' room,
I just can't see the shitty broom!
(Doo doo doo) I am pyst!
(Doo doo doo doo) Man, I just can't change my ugly mood,
Yes, I am one unhappy dude!
I'm pyst! (He's unhappy, so unhappy)
I could turn on my big TV,
But no one on there looks like me!
Makes me pyst! (Doo doo doo)
I change the channel, switch the switch,
Get the same old stupid bitch! (Change the channel, change the channel)
Man, I'm pyst!
A bunch of ugly superstars
Tryin' to sell me shoes and cars! (Cars and shoes, that's bad news)
Whoa, I'm pyst!
Maybe my ill mood would improve
If I put Egyptian food in a tube!
Like they say, just do it!
I could go bowling but I lost my ball,
I could hunt pigeons but I got 'em all!
I could go fishing with that other guy
But the only thing that bites
Is mosquitos and flies!
I could go to friends at work
But the boss is such a total jerk!
It gets me pyst! (Total jerk)
I'm changing tires, pumping gas
Which I've got in gobbling class!
Oh, pyst! (Gobbling class)
But every day I punch the clock
And still I'm hearing really hot!
Man, I'm pyyyst... (And he's pyst)
From 9 to 5, I bust my butt
Work like a slave and all for what?
I'm super pyst!
Is there some way I could change my luck?
I saw some aliens in my pickup truck!
Right now, my elders, are drinking champagne
Maybe I could have chocolate everyday!
Yeah... Now, hold on!
It may not be that bad...
Maybe it's my attitude about being too negative
Bumming myself out...
After all, I do have six channels on TV every which way
I have a room full of my medals
I know what to do if it rains
I have an athlete's body
But I still have athlete's foot
And I have a girlfriend who appreciates me
For who I am
I feel so relifted
I'm gonna take me a little nap
Hey, ya highness!
Get your robot off that beast dog
Clean em' before they walk away
This is supposed to be my castle
And all I get is pain and hassle!
(I'm so pyst) I'm pyst! (It's his castle)
You may really be the king
But I'm the queen so dig this thing!
Now I'm pyst! (Dig it dig it dig it dig it dig it dig it)
But I am old, get on my case
I only know one in my face
I'm pyst and I've got a right!
Yeah, I've got a left!
So wake up, smell the coffee time,
Go to work or you're history, piston!
But maybe I'm lifeless and you'll help, will ya?
And you'll be hootsin' tootsin' alone, big guy!
But I could be there and go from distant lands?
So go away!
This TV is nothing but trouble!
Lemme help with that!
Ugh, this is fun!
Yeah, go to the kitchen and make me ham, baby!