History UsefulNotes / ThatSouthEastAsianCountry

22nd Jul '17 8:55:52 PM PaulA
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''[[Film/RoadTo Road To Mandalay]]'', of course. And the same poem by Kipling, naturally.

to:

* ''[[Film/RoadTo "The Road To Mandalay]]'', of course. And the same to Mandalay", poem by Kipling, naturally.Creator/RudyardKipling.
19th Feb '17 2:38:25 AM Juicehead_Baby
Is there an issue? Send a Message


Can go suck [[BlackIsBetterInBed its namesake]]\\

to:

Can go suck [[BlackIsBetterInBed its namesake]]\\namesake
19th Feb '17 2:37:18 AM Juicehead_Baby
Is there an issue? Send a Message


----

to:

--------
->Quit calling us Burma\\
You colonialist snakes\\
The BBC\\
Can go suck [[BlackIsBetterInBed its namesake]]\\
-->''[[Advertising/BurmaShave Myanmar-Shave]]''
16th Feb '17 6:58:47 PM jamespolk
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''Film/TheBurmeseHarp'' is about a Japanese BandOfBrothers who are fighting in Burma at the end of UsefulNotes/WorldWarII and are imprisoned their afterwards, and their efforts to find one missing man.
16th Feb '17 11:52:38 AM jamespolk
Is there an issue? Send a Message



to:

* ''Film/TheBurmeseHarp'' is about a Japanese BandOfBrothers who are fighting in Burma at the end of UsefulNotes/WorldWarII and are imprisoned their afterwards, and their efforts to find one missing man.
* ''Film/TheHastyHeart'' is about a group of Allied soldiers in a field hospital at the end of and immediately after the war, one of whom is dying but has been LockedOutOfTheLoop.
29th Dec '16 9:35:38 AM nombretomado
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* Mentioned in ''Series/SpittingImage'''s "I've Never Met a Nice South African", as featuring unicorns. Creator/TheBBC noted it as rather ironic, as a song that was ridiculing the evils of TheApartheidEra referred to a country that would later do even worse things.

to:

* Mentioned in ''Series/SpittingImage'''s "I've Never Met a Nice South African", as featuring unicorns. Creator/TheBBC noted it as rather ironic, as a song that was ridiculing the evils of TheApartheidEra UsefulNotes/TheApartheidEra referred to a country that would later do even worse things.
29th Nov '16 6:32:48 AM RubyVisiblyShaken
Is there an issue? Send a Message


As an Indochinese country, Myanmar exemplifies influences from both countries: it is predominantly Theravada Buddhist and writes with the Indic Burmese script, but the national language of the country is Burmese, a Sino-Tibetan language (though the language is far removed from either that the similarities are hard to spot). Burmese is the indigenous language of the Bamars, who make up 70% of the population. The remaining 30% is made up of a hodgepodge of other minority ethnic groups including Tai, Mon, Shan, Karen, Kachin, Indian, Kayan, Chinese, etc...that are severely discriminated by the government, which is disproportionately made of Bamars.

to:

As an Indochinese country, Myanmar this place exemplifies influences from both countries: it is predominantly Theravada Buddhist and writes with the Indic Burmese script, but the national language of the country is Burmese, a Sino-Tibetan language (though the language is far removed from either that the similarities are hard to spot). Burmese is the indigenous language of the Bamars, who make up 70% of the population. The remaining 30% is made up of a hodgepodge of other minority ethnic groups including Tai, Mon, Shan, Karen, Kachin, Indian, Kayan, Chinese, etc...that are severely discriminated by the government, which is disproportionately made of Bamars.
25th Nov '16 10:45:15 PM Bat178
Is there an issue? Send a Message


* ''VideoGame/SplinterCell'' has three late-game missions in Yangon, 2 of them taking place at/around a Chinese Embassy where a renegade Chinese general who wants to nuke Taiwan is holding out, and one at a abattoir where US soldiers and Chinese diplomats are being held hostage.
* "Celerium" in ''VideoGame/CallOfDutyBlackOps2'' takes place in the mountains of Myanmar, where you are tasked to attack a hidden Cordis Die facility located there.

to:

* ''VideoGame/SplinterCell'' has three late-game missions in Yangon, 2 of them taking place at/around a Chinese Embassy where a renegade Chinese general who wants to nuke Taiwan is holding hiding out, and one at a abattoir where US soldiers and Chinese diplomats are being held hostage.
* "Celerium" in ''VideoGame/CallOfDutyBlackOps2'' takes place in the mountains of Myanmar, there, where you are tasked to attack a hidden Cordis Die facility located there.
25th Nov '16 10:43:48 PM Bat178
Is there an issue? Send a Message



to:

* ''VideoGame/SplinterCell'' has three late-game missions in Yangon, 2 of them taking place at/around a Chinese Embassy where a renegade Chinese general who wants to nuke Taiwan is holding out, and one at a abattoir where US soldiers and Chinese diplomats are being held hostage.
* "Celerium" in ''VideoGame/CallOfDutyBlackOps2'' takes place in the mountains of Myanmar, where you are tasked to attack a hidden Cordis Die facility located there.
31st Oct '16 11:19:49 AM Franklansburg
Is there an issue? Send a Message


In 2010, the junta stepped down, and handed power to a civilian government after flawed elections. However, the military continues to have strong ties with the government. Thein Sein (pronounced "Tane Sane") is the current president, famous for his democratic reforms and reconciliation with the west.

to:

In 2010, the junta stepped down, and handed power to a civilian government after flawed elections. However, the military continues to have strong ties with the government. Thein Sein (pronounced "Tane Sane") is the current former president, famous for his democratic reforms and reconciliation with the west.
This list shows the last 10 events of 69. Show all.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=UsefulNotes.ThatSouthEastAsianCountry