Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Follow TV Tropes
Browse TV Tropes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History Manga / Pastel
Back To: Manga / Pastel
16th Jul '15 1:32:50 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
* DirtyKid: Plays this off within the first chapter, when the kid named Okuto falls purposefully onto Yuu. He ends up grabbing her breast, infuriating Mugi.
19th Jan '12 11:21:05 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
[[caption-width-right:300:What is your dream?]]
Mugi Tadano is a 16-year-old boy who lives alone; his mother died years ago and his father is always on frequent trips as a photographer. When his first girlfriend, Hinako, leaves him for Tokyo, he is understandably heartbroken. Kazuki, Mugi's best friend, invites him to work with him at his aunt's beach-side inn, in the hope of helping him shake off his depression.
But things take a fateful turn one day when, while at work, he spies on a beautiful girl, Yuu Tsukisaki, changing clothes in an alley behind the inn. Yuu, instead of getting angry, charges him ¥120 (approx. $1.05 USD) for watching her. This isn't the last that he would hear from her...
The manga has been running since November 2002 and is ongoing in Magazine Special, having spanned over 25 volumes. There is no anime adaptation as of yet.
!This series includes examples of the following tropes:
* AccidentalPervert: Mugi, full stop.
* AnnoyingYoungerSibling: Tsukasa half the time. The other half she's a well-meaning but bumbling ShipperOnDeck.
* BeachEpisode: Complete with SlipperySwimsuit moments.
* BigFriendlyDog: Mametarou
* BitchInSheepsClothing: Kiku Murikami, who doesn't appreciate [[SingleTargetSexuality Mugi]] refusing her advances and sets out to destroy [[EveryoneCanSeeIt Yuu's]] reputation.
* CanNotSpitItOut: ...[[SarcasmMode only sometimes]].
* CuteKitten: Mikan. Complete with "found abandoned on the roadside in a cardboard fruitbox. In the rain."
* HandsomeLech: Kazuki's [[AmbiguouslyBrown exotic looks]] and cheerful personality make him the target of admiration amongst the rest of the school's girls. However, his 'lecherous' personality comes out full swing whenever one of them gets the courage to confess to him and it usually ends with an ArmorPiercingSlap.
** [[spoiler: Justified in that he's been harboring a crush on [[ChildhoodFriendRomance Manami]] for the last decade or so, so he acts over the top to discourage said girls.]]
* HouseHusband: Mugi is noted to be an excellent chef and has been maintaining the house since he was in 5th grade.
* IHaveBoobsYouMustObey: Seemingly invoked with [[spoiler: Mako]]
* ObliviousToLove: Mugi seems to be the target of numerous crushes from people he's randomly met/helped, yet never finds out until somebody explicitly mentions it to him.
* ParentalAbandonment: Mugi's mother passed away when he was young and his father is almost constantly away on photography trips. Yuu and Tsukasa comes to live with Mugi after her father dies [[spoiler:and her mother remarries]].
** Averted slightly [[spoiler:because it was Yuu and Tsukasa who "abandoned" their mother, not wanting to give her trouble with her new stepchildren]].
* SceneryPorn: The series mostly takes place on the coast of Onomichi, Hiroshima. Some of the page spreads in the manga are absolutely gorgeous.
* SheIsNotMyGirlfriend: Mugi and Yuu pass themselves off as distant relatives initially to avoid scandal in the CloseKnitCommunity. It's an excuse that seems to stick, much to his chagrin.
* ShipperOnDeck: Her sister, his dad, his best friend, his childhood friend, his ''ex-girlfriend''...
* UnresolvedSexualTension: The image for this trope probably happens in a third of the chapters.
This list shows the last 2 events of 2.