Deleted line(s) 492 (click to see context) :
* ReluctantRuler: Mikhail Romanov in ''1636: The Kremlin Games''. The narrative notes that when he was informed of taking the throne as Tsar, he cried.
Deleted line(s) 200 (click to see context) :
* DrivesLikeCrazy: Hans Richter. Somewhat justified because he's a 17th-century printer's assistant, and there were not many driving schools in the 1600s. However, even ''other 17th-century natives'' who have been taught to drive think Hans drives like a lunatic. Fortunately for the nascent USE Air Force, [[AcePilot his flying is much better]] [[spoiler: at least until his death in ''1633'']].
Deleted line(s) 481 (click to see context) :
* RebelliousPrincess: Princess Kristina of Sweden. One scene in ''The Baltic War'' shows Caroline Platzer working hard to keep this from spilling over into RoyalBrat.
Deleted line(s) 619 (click to see context) :
* WiseBeyondTheirYears: Princess Kristina of Sweden is characterized as an extremely intelligent and intuitive seven year old. To many characters, uptime and downtime alike, her uncannily sharp mind borders on TroublingUnchildlikeBehaviour. The Danish Prince Ulrik, betrothed to Kristina after the events of ''1634: The Baltic War'' is just fine with this, though; his greatest fear had been that he would have been matched up with a dull, boring woman when the time came for him to be married, and life with Kristina will ''never'' be boring.
Deleted line(s) 330 (click to see context) :
* KingIncognito: Captain Gars, [[spoiler:Gustav Adolf's alter ego.]] This actually happened in RealLife.
Deleted line(s) 569 (click to see context) :
* TantrumThrowing: It's stated that Gustav Adolf does this so often his quarters are deliberately stocked with cheap furniture.
Deleted line(s) 395 (click to see context) :
* MyNameIsInigoMontoya: When he runs into a bunch of assassins looking to kill the Americans, Ruy introduces himself to them before proceeding to kick their asses. "My name is Ruy Sanchez de Casador y Ortiz. Prepare to die."
Deleted line(s) 147 (click to see context) :
* CoolOldGuy: Ruy Sanchez de Casador y Ortiz.
Deleted line(s) 306 (click to see context) :
* INeedAFreakingDrink: Mike Stearns, in ''1633'', decides he needs a much stronger drink than the after-work beer he had been contemplating prior to getting a radio message from Gustav Adolf at Luebeck.
Deleted line(s) 380 (click to see context) :
* MistakenForRacist: In ''1633'', after coming off very badly in the previous book with his attempts to shut out German refugees etc., John Simpson asserts that he's not actually racist--against Germans or otherwise--though many of his supporters are. His wife also calls him out on catering to the bigoted demographic during his election campaign.
Deleted line(s) 223 (click to see context) :
* FrozenFace: John Simpson is noted for giving absolutely ''nothing'' of his feelings away, leading most to assume he simply doesn't have any. This makes the moments when he ''does'' lose control all the more powerful -- the ending of ''1633'' is a textbook example.
This list shows the last 10 events of 468. Show all.