I certainly wouldn\'t call it a masterpiece of flawless, since no work is flawless, but I liked/loved it. Good:
- Mesmerizing OST: Never disappoint, Hans Zimmer.
- Solid cast: Acting is generally good, and I think Henry Cavill was a great choice for Superman/Clark Kent.
- Realism: This film perfectly shows just how much destruction his fights with other super-powered beings could cause. Also, his struggles with his own powers was also interesting. I mean, it had to be hard for him.
- Visuals: One of Zack Snyder\'s strengths, this film looks beautiful, desaturated color notwithstanding. I especially like Krypton and its technology (along with its culture, inspired by Plato\'s Republic).
- Action: But of course. Tis Zack Snyder after all.
- Villains: Zod\'s crew remain as the best villains of DCEU. They\'re certainly better than whatever villains in Suicide Squad.
- Supes himself: What can I say. This film surprisingly made Superman appealing to me with his struggles (both inner and outer).
- Pacing and structure: Non-linear storytelling sometimes doesn\'t work.
- Jesus metaphors: I think it would have been better if he was portrayed as ordinary person trying to do good
- For some reason, I feel the whole piece of movie kind of doesn\'t match together, while sums of it are usually great.
- Product placement
- Jonathan Kent: Not his character, but his moments. From questionable quote to his death. Heart attack would have been better.
In order to post comments, you need to