Pros mean what I really liked about the movie. Con are what I thought could've been added to make the movie even more great. PROS:
- Lucy Wilde. I loved her.
- The AVL. I would love to have a job like that.
- The girls being in on all the action.
- The animation was beautiful.
- The Minions played their job well.
- Martonio. Sadly, it ended too quickly.
- The Minionese version of "YMCA". It was epic!
- The wedding pictures at the end.
- The songs by Pharrell.
- Not enough detail on Lucy. All we know is that she was a newbie AVL agent and is Gru's love interest. What's her backstory?
- Their wasn't enough of Ninja!Edith. In fact, Edith was Demoted to Extra.
- Marlena could've been added to the climax (i.e. saving the girls from the brainwashed minions, instead of Dr. Nefario).
- El Macho being more the false Big Bad. He's really a Nice Guy with a villainous past. And the real Big Bad is a member of the AVL (pulling the strings from behind the curtains0.
- On an added note, Gru and Lucy could've figure out who the real Big Bad was in their own different ways.
- The Martonio ending. They could've let the couple break up because of family issues or whatever. Making Antonio into a playboy only added (in my opinion) stereotyping and a rather pointless B-plot.
- More characterization of Antonio and the relationship between him and his father.
- And more character of Silas Ramsbottom, instead of just being the Jerkass boss of the AVL.
- Dr. Nefario being called out for kidnapping and brainwashing the Minions. From Gru.
- Maybe some subtle hints from each of the girls on how they became orphans. Later disclosed in a short centered around them.
In order to post comments, you need to