Questions about a 'Transgender' Character:
- I'm trying to feature a different 'Transgendered' story. I've seen MTF alot in media, but a FTM would be able to 'pass' much more easily in this setting, kind of nullifying the point.
- This character does have some (realistic) gender dysphoria because of their condition. It remains insevere mostly due to the fact
edited 11th Feb '13 10:03:29 AM by TheMuse
edited 11th Feb '13 12:34:16 PM by Collen
- Also, going the MTF route micht be a little more practical because it takes place in a setting where a woman could crossdress and 'pass' quite easily, kinda nullfying the point.
- ex: Bella is a transwoman. A majority of people belive she is biologically female. Thus, she is able to 'pass'
- A. There's the fact that there are a great more deal of examples as women being able to crossdress and pass quite well as guys (for a while at least. Sweet Polly Oliver exists for a reason)
- This takes place in a low tech, rural-ish (almost medival) setting where (obviously) there aren't things like I Ds and physicals, so passing to your neighbors or the people at the market is much more important than having the government or your liscence recognize your gender.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.